Fourth of July. Grilled burgers.
See what happens? Mention a holiday, I bring up food. Every time.
Try it again.
Memorial Day. Cookout.
Halloween. Krautburgers and pigs in a blanket (that’s a family thing, stick with me).
Holidays are food days. I couldn’t escape this truth as I implored my friends, strangers, bloggers, and strange blogger friends for this month’s 6 Words topic. Today is Make Your Own Holiday day.
(It’s also Elaine’s birthday. You might know her from The Miss-Elaineous blog.)
Every time I gave examples of six-word sentences, they dealt with food. Eat Vanilla Wafers for Breakfast Day seemed to stick in my mind.
Some of you went with the food theme; others did not. Either way, I think we have another stellar lineup for this 6 Words. Be sure to check out the blog links listed with these sentences, too – if you like their six words, you should see their 600!
1. National Drinks on the Beach Day!!
Kim T., author of Day with KT blog
2. Stop Dieting and Nurture YourSELF Day.
August M., author of August McLaughlin blog
3. National Massage for Every Mama Day.
Nicole G., author of Work in Sweats Mama blog
Marcia D., author of Menopausal Mother blog
5. Entire Credit Card Database Crash Day.
Tamara G., author of Confessions of a Part-time Working Mom blog
6. Everyone Snuggle In Bed All Day.
Kristin L., author of Living Fierce blog
7. Sunshine, Fresh Air, Good Friends Day.
Darley N., host of PBS’ Equitrekking
8. Eat Your S’more in Bed Day.
Beth K., author of I Didn’t Have My Glasses On blog
9. Friendships Make a Wonderful Celebration Day!
Nancy F., author of Skinny Kitchen Blog
10. Fun in the Sun Beach Day.
Hilary , author of Feeling Beachie blog
11. Me, My Camera and Wilderness Day.
Laurie S., author of The Adventures of Writing blog
12. Crazy Socks and Finger Paint Day.
Amanda B., co-author of The Educators’ Spin on it blog
13. Couch Potato Chocolate Pancake Pajama Day.
Jenn S., author of Jenn’s Midlife Crisis blog
14. I’m Going Back To Bed Day!
Melissa C., author of This Girl’s Life blog
15. Buy McDonald’s for Your Daughter Day.
16. Bliss Day: Wine, Book, Ear Plugs.
Meredith S., author of The Mom of the Year blog
17. Everybody Gets Along With Everybody Day.
Rabia L., author of The Lieber’s blog
18. Andrea Receives A Billion Dollars Day.
Andrea M., author of About 100% blog
19. Free Spa Massage and Pedicure Day.
Melissa S., author of Home on Deranged blog
20. It Is 5 o’clock Somewhere Day.
Leanne S., author of Writings and Ruminations blog
21. Have My Husband Experience Pregnancy Day.
Emma, author of Be Mom Strong blog
22. MOM’S WATCHING NETFLIX, ASK DAD DAY!
Sandy R., author of Mother of Imperfection blog
23. Free Frappuccino And Dark Chocolate Day.
Sarah A., author of The Sadder But Wiser Girl blog
24. Nobody Talks Back To Me Day.
Michele P., author of Old Dog, New Tits blog
25. Beam Me F’ing Up Scotty Day.
Mel B., author of According to Mags blog
26. Help a Blonde in Trouble Day.
Jennifer S., author of Busy Being Jennifer blog
27. Read Endless Books with Tea Day.
Caitlin F., author of The Siren’s Tale blog
28. Devour Books and Ignore Work Day.
Julia T., author of Diary of a Word Nerd blog
29. International Toothpaste and Orange Juice Day.
Jennifer L., author of That’s a Jenn Story blog
30. Buy Someone a Great Book Day.
Allie, author of The Latchkey Mom blog
31. Run for Chocolate and Wine Day.
Caroline, author of High Heels 2 Hidden Toys blog
32. Buy Autism Moms a Drink Day.
Shanell, author of Go Team Kate blog
33. Wine Can Fix Any Problem Day.
Wendi, author of It’s Not My Fault blog
34. Discover Divine “Delight in Disorder” Day.
Tony R., author of A Way With Words blog
35. Parents Get To Sleep In Day.
Gina V., author of The Glamorous Life of a Modern Day Soccer Mom blog
36. All The Cupcakes For My Birthday Day!
Elaine A., author of The Miss Elaine-ous Life blog
37. National No Whining And Screaming Day.
Janine H., author of Confessions of a Mommyaholic blog
38. Plan (and book) a vacation day.
Carly P., author of Fine Fit Day blog
39. Everything Dipped in Chocolate Day!
Rhonda A., author of Laugh Quotes blog
40. Believe In Your Better Self Day.
Carol B., author of Carol Burnside/Annie Rayburn blog
41. Watch Daniel Craig Movies All Day.
Rebecca G., author of Frugalista blog
42. Kids deserve a holiday too day.
43. Trash Plans and Just Live Day.
Kerith S., author of Brielle and Me blog
43. Treat a Coach to Pizza Day.
Eli P., author of Coach Daddy blog