All signs point to summertime.
The pollen has subsided. Baby geese are now awkward goslings. The Cubs and Astros have clinched last place, and LeBron is one of the last men standing in the NBA playoffs. There’s more spaghetti straps and short shorts, I’ve noticed.
And of course – High-Blood Pressure Awareness month is winding down.
And not a moment too soon, I might add. I’ve wanted to blow my top at least 30 times in May – that’s an average of once a day. That’s a lot, y’all, for a guy like me. Things keep pissing me off. Like, when we run out of graham crackers, and it’s 3 a.m.
I wanted to commemorate High Blood Pressure Awareness month. I asked friends, strangers, bloggers, and a few strange blogger friends what gets their blood boiling. Some were serious. Some, flip. And not one that I know of got pissed at me for asking.
Ernest Hemingway asserted that we can tell any story in a six-word sentence. Here’s our best effort.
Enjoy, and click the links on your favorites here. You’ll find that these bloggers do OK with more than a six-word limit, too. Also, Felicia of Felicia’s Red Door Life had so much to say on the subject, she posted her own blood-boiling manifesto today. Check it out.
Now that we’re all riled up …
What give you high blood pressure, in a six-word sentence?
1. Injustice in the Family Court System.
Tina S., author of One Mom’s Battle blog
2. Transitions, clutter and a handsome smile.
Tamara B., author of Tamara (Like) Camera blog
3. Two Little Girls Screaming And Whining!
Janine H., author of Confessions of a Mommyaholic blog
4. I love dog poop on carpets!
Heather C., author of Heather Christo blog
5. Toddler temper tantrums drive me crazy!
Jenna B., author of A Savory Feast blog
6. hate racism bullying misunderstanding all hurt.
Beth K., author of i didn’t have my glasses on … blog
7. People who don’t use their blinkers!
Felicia E., author of Felicia’s Red Door Life blog
8. I’m outraged by the system’s brokenness.
Erica A., author of A Sign of Life blog
9. Late dinner guests make me scream!
Carrian C., author of Oh Sweet Basil blog
10. The sixth time I say something!
Rabia L., author of The Lieber Family blog
11. Band banquet, 230 RSVP, 500 attend.
Teri B., author of Snarkfest blog
12. Hearing myself say the same things.
Jamie J., author of Kreyv blog
13. Helicopters hovering and dark shapes lurking.
Laurie S., author of The Adventure of Writing blog
14. It’s a tampon…Spit it out.
Meg D., author of Dear Crazy Kids blog
15. Sunday night run for poster board.
Tammy M., author of Agrigirl blog
16. PUT ON YOUR FREAKIN’ SHOES NOW!
Meredith S., author of Mom of the Year blog
17. My teenagers dissing me as archaic.
Kelly M., author of Just Typikel blog
18. Constant complaints! Just be more positive.
Jennifer H., author of Dancing in the Rain blog
19. When Vons runs out of cronuts.
Lois M., author of Midlife at the Oasis
20. Vehicles that don’t signal irk me.
Stacie V., author of Simply Stacie blog
21. Late trains, slow walkers, tourist food.
Laura H., author of Sprint 2 the Table blog
22. What part of “no” was unclear?
Tamara G., author of Confessions of a Part-time Working Mom blog
23. Smart kids who pretend they’re stupid.
Julia T., author of Diary of a Word Nerd blog
24. He falls asleep when we argue.
Samantha J., author of Foreclosure 2 Frugal blog
25. Whining and crying, blood pressure rising.
Christina E., author of Letters from the Nest blog
26. Real men don’t kidnap school girls.
Amy M., author of Maisymak blog
27. Parents over coaching from the sideline.
Debbie, author of Heartbeats and Soul Stains blog
28. Excessive device use. Stop! Communicate IRL!
Kerith S., author of Brielle and Me blog
29. Your internet connection is not responding
30. Reminder: your post deadline is today.
Carly P., author of Fine Fit Day blog
31. Parking space fighting. It’s t-ball, folks.
Gina J., author of Full of It blog
32. You’re running. Free. Fun. Stop! CAR!
Kristi C., author of Finding Ninee blog
33. Hearing NO when you want YES.
Madison F., author of Growing Up Madison blog
34. For the tenth time, SHOES ON!
Beth T., author of Writer B is Me blog
35. Being invited to the barbecue dinner.
Bacon T., author of Pig Love blog
36. Children screaming, people talking, all together.
Tricia M., author of Raising Humans blog
37. Daring toddler taking risks too soon!
Devany, author of Still Playing School blog
38. Patients who arrive 30 minutes late.
Lindsay, author of Wedding Rings to Teething Rings blog
39. Running late while stuck in traffic.
Roaen, author of Love Life Logistics blog
40. Heavy traffic and intoxicated drivers. Stressful!
Rea A., author of Reality Bites blog
41. Corporate big wigs with inflated egos.
Holly C., author of Simplify, Create, Inspire blog
42. S’mores-induced sugar high in tent confines.
Nicole G., author of Work in Sweats Mama blog
43. People who are oblivious to others.
Meredith E., author of Perfection Pending blog
44. Finding out a deadline is tomorrow.
Cheryl D., author of Snaps of Ginger blog
45. Walmart’s blood-pressure machine is broken AGAIN??
Eli P., author of Coach Daddy blog