Do we get to choose our legacy?
Or does our legacy choose us?
Heavy for a late-August midweek though, no?
Our legacy is like that last roll of film in our camera that isn’t developed until well after we’re done on this earth. It’s the ultimate statement that sums up what we’ve done with our lives. Scary that it can be summed up at all.
Every month, I compile a post called 6 Words. Ernest Hemingway inspired it when he said any story can be told in a six-word sentence. I ask bloggers, friends, strangers, and a few strange blogger friends to respond to a prompt.
August is What Will Your Legacy Be? Month. What would yours be? It can be profound or humorous … or a little of both. Think, “Greatest grilled-cheese chef on a budget.” or “Poster child for morning road rage.”
What would yours be?
1. Obstacle Conquering – Life Altering – Healthy Life.
Kateri V., of Just Life: Take 2 blog
2. Three brilliant kids no housework skills.
3. Cooking sans smoke alarm ringing? Boring.
Meredith S., of The Mom of the Year blog
4. Most amazing kids on this planet.
Sarah N., of The Momisodes blog
5. A human magnet for the dysfunctional.
6. High heels. Burnt water. Happy daughter.
Ashley T., of The Confessions of a Working Mum blog
7. Loved family, lived in the moment.
MaryAnne K., of Mama Smiles blog
8. Super mean without her Diet Coke.
Amber M., of Airing My Dirty Laundry blog
9. Sanity maintainer in small person asylum.
Melissa S., of Home on Deranged blog
10. Record: Most parent tantrums in store.
Tammie B., of The Graying Chronicles blog
11. Family history. Immense strength. Profound pride.
Lori C., of Lori Crane blog
12. She strived to do her best.
Kelly W., of the Centsible Life blog
13. “Photographs on walls, words in hearts.”
Tamara B., of Tamara like Camera blog
14. My biggest supporter, sometimes a yeller.
Kathy G., of Kissing the Frog blog
15. Kick-ass cook of matzah ball soup.
Dana H., of Kiss My List blog
16. Child’s heart in a grown-up’s body.
Shelly B., of DIY Mama Blog
17. Grandchildren’s snotty kisses always warmly embraced.
Lyn C., of The Call of the Pen blog
18. Faith Slinger and Fitness Coach Wannabe.
Jennifer L, of That’s a Jenn Story blog
19. Hangover aficionado with the fastest remedies.
Marcia D., of Menopausal Mother blog
20. girls, girls, girls, girls, girls, boys.
beth k., of i didn’t have my glasses on … blog
21. Tattered underwear and black hole bras.
Mary W., of Outmanned Mommy blog
22. Fell often but always got up.
Kerri A., of Undiagnosed but Okay blog
23. Teaching kids kindness, laughter, and zest.
Cynthia, of You Signed up for What?! blog
24. To love people, no matter what.
Megan W., of The Walker Fireside Chats blog
25. What you feed will surely grow.
Rory B., of Time Out For Mom blog
26. Outkicked my coverage on life’s field.
Michelle, of Mama Mick blog
27. Craziest, chaotic wife, mom and friend.
Debbie T., of Heartbeat ~ Soul Stains blog
28. A gardener who cultivated positive minds.
Archita, of A Journey Called Life … blog
29. Queen of triggering mealtime smoke alarms.
Kelly M., of Just Typikel … blog
30. Wrangler of boys, lover of souls.
Rachael B., of Three Boys and a Mom blog
31. Kept everyone laughing – not always intentionally.
Lois M., of Midlife at the Oasis blog
32. Procrastinating like a true blue champion.
Clay W., of Making the Days Count blog
33. Tireless muffin baker…and crumb sweeper.
Charity M., of Foodlets blog
34. Remained homicide-free for one more month!
Morgan M., if The Inklings of Life blog
35. Spring Break Slut 1998 Title Holder.
Shay, of Trashy blog
36. Clear skies left. He turned right.
Momus, of The Next Delusion blog
Cassandra, of The Next Delusion blog