Changing your stars is kind of a big deal.
It’s like in Scrabble, when you’re saddled with Z, D, D, Y, R, R, L. You cash in your chips for a new set. Surrender up what you have, and trust that whatever you pull out of the bag is to be than what you had.
Every month, I compile a post called 6 Words. Ernest Hemingway inspired it when he claimed you can tell a story in a six-word sentence. I call on bloggers, friends, strangers, and a few strange blogger friends. How will they respond to the prompt?
January is Change Your Stars month. What would you change in your life, sky’s the limit, in six words?
This prompt took right off from last month’s wishes for 2015. It’s almost like a reset button. What would have happened if stormtroopers got into disco? Talk about changing your stars. (They’d still be lousy shots, but could do The Hustle).
How would you change your stars?
1. Better health, focused writing and serenity.
Cathy C., of An Empowered Spirit blog
2. My health – I wanna do more
Stephanie-May, of Darky Blue blog
3. Own Parisian apartment again (and jet).
Letizia, of Reading Interrupted blog
4. Pack up, and move to Australia!
Alison L, of Writing Wishing blog
5. Grow heart,mind; Shrink stress, buttocks.
May, of Messy Money blog
6. Voice my feelings not eat them.
Kathy R., of My Dishwasher’s Possessed blog
7. More: Time, energy, peace, love, happiness.
Theresa, of Theresa’s Mixed Nuts blog
8. New concept takes off like wildfire!
Christine, of A Sprinkle of This and That blog
9. A car that never breaks down.
10. To dance with my fear courageously!
Tara N., of Family Sport Life blog
11. Younger back and pain free runs.
Deb, of Deb Runs blog
12. Shape time to chase my passions.
Penelope G., of Penelope’s Oasis blog
13. I’d sing like a Broadway star.
Dana H., of Kiss My List blog
14. Twenty pounds of grief weight gone.
Kathy G., of Kissing the Frog blog
15. Get butt moving, lose 45 pounds!!!!
Lisa, of BlondiesBEARista blog
16. Change being overwhelmed; seems manageable – not.
Kate H., of Can I Get Another Bottle of Whine blog
17. Win the lottery, pay off med-school!
Jamie J., of Kreyv blog
18. Win the Powerball. Ponies for everyone!
Gina T., of Full of It blog
19. Reconcile with my wife and children.
Tony R., of A Way With Words blog
20. Get auto focus lens for brain.
Harmony H., of Harmony With Animals blog
21. Children wouldn’t be such picky eaters!!!
Lisa W., of The Golden Spoons blog
22. Believe in myself, today and always.
Kirsten P., of The Kir Corner blog
23. Time to relocate – destination Pacific Northwest!
Nancy W., of On the Home Front blog
24. Three-month relocation – Canada is cold.
Kim S., of Co-Pilot Mom blog
25. Change my dreams into my realities!
Jen W., of Pink When blog
26. Defeat depression and accept body image.
Roxy, of Unintentionally Brilliant blog
27. Every precious moment has a place.
Maggie M., of Maggie May Just Say This blog
28. Simplify life through organization and budgeting.
Michelle N., of A Dish of Daily Life blog
29. Dream bigger until it becomes reality.
Ashley M., of Post Grad Jitters blog
30. More time for everything I love.
Cynthia, of You Signed Up For What?! blog
31. Sparkle as I approach my goals.
Angela A., of Playing With Words blog
32. Learn to hold onto the moments.
Jennifer L, of Outsmarted Mommy blog
33. Stop procrastinating and write that book!
Kristen, of 31 Million Seconds blog
34. Beach dreaming while sipping Pina Coladas.
Janine H., of Janine’s Confessions of a Mommyaholic blog
35. Year-round Idaho temperatures of 80 degrees.
Aunie R., of Aunie Sauce blog
36. I’d stop worrying and just live.
Meredith E., of Perfection Pending blog
37. Move the scale to the left.
Sharon, of Mayor of Crazyville blog
38. Kids napping at the same time.
Kim, of Protean Mom blog
39. Direct the movie “Pigs Gone Wild.”
Bacon T., of Pig Love blog
40. Seek the silence, rediscover the beauty.
Les B., of Time Out for Mom blog
41. 2015: less chores, more me time.
Heather S., of Heather Christena Schmidt blog
42. Debt-free published author and home owner.
Allie T., of Sparkly Shoes and Sweatdrops blog
43. My negative attitude to positive gratitude.
Kristi M., of Moms Own Words blog
43. No wrinkles, no cellulite, win lottery!
Princess Rosebud, of Enchanted Seashells blog
44. Act more, think less, find balance.
Stephanie R., of So I’ve Been Thinking Blog
45. I’d accept my sweet, imperfect life.
Kristen, of Bye Bye Beer blog
46. Anxiety won’t feel like a noose.
Tamara B., of Tamara (Like) Camera blog
47. Must-have mommy vacation- total relaxation!
Jodi F., of The Noise of Boys blog
48. Start living a very wow life.
Eli P., of Coach Daddy blog