Triple-digit hot. It hardly gets like this here. Blame global warming, the Tea Party or World Cup officiating if you’d like. Truth is, summer’s hitting us like T-Swift on the music streaming universe. There has to be more to summer than humidity fierce as Julie Johnston’s defense. Right?
Well, there are also tweetable nuggets of wisdom when it comes to the baseball teams we – and when I say we, I mean I – love:
— Eli Pacheco (@Eliatcoachdaddy) June 19, 2015
Every month, I compile a post called 6 Words. Ernest Hemingway inspired it when he said any story can be told in a six-word sentence. I ask bloggers, friends, strangers, and a few strange blogger friends to respond to a prompt.
June 24 is Windjammer Day. It’s the kickoff of summer tourist season. What would you like to do and where this summer, in six words? (See if you can find the sentence from Australia, where summer is actually winter.)
So, what would you like to do this summer, in six words?
1. Camp at English seaside with family.
Dorreen A., of Mother Hen Diaries blog
2. Visiting London then relaxing at home.
Elizabeth, of Autism Mom blog
3. swim, surf, soft serve, sun – summer…
Michele M., of Rhode Less Traveled blog
4. Patio lanterns, cold beer, star gazing.
Rory B., of Time Out for Mom blog
5. Visit Europe on a cruise ship.
Raquel P., of Organized Island blog
6. Sip margaritas on my back patio.
Kate H., of Can I Get Another Bottle of Whine blog
7. Explore some scenery at Mount Charleston.
Katie H., of Plus + Beauty blog
8. Climb Machu Picchu with the Fellowship.
Ashley M., of Post-grad Jitters blog
9. Hike the Y in Provo, Utah.
Jamie J., of Kreyv blog
10. Strawberry fields forever… 🎶 Pick your own!
Tamara G., of Confessions of a Part-time Working Mom blog
11. Mountain camping by a cool stream.
12. Champagne picnics and hiking Joshua Tree.
Laura H., of Sprint 2 the Table blog
13. Enjoy nature, Minnesota and the outdoors!
Dawn S., of Thank You Great Spirit blog
14. See NYC through my kids eyes.
Gina T., of Full of It … blog
15. Enjoying the sunset in Avila Beach.
Nancy F., of Skinny Kitchen blog
16. Follow my whims, do moose things.
Tamara B., of Tamara (Like) Camera blog
17. Mindfully listen to the ocean waves.
Tara N., of Tara Newman Coaching blog
18. Relaxing at the beach all summer.
Debbie, of Heartbeats~Soul Stains blog
19. Reading books at Cape Cod Canal.
Sara L., of Sara Letourneau blog
20. go north with the whole pack.
beth k., of i didn’t have my glasses on … blog
21. Happy hours spent on the beach!
Kim T., of Day with KT blog
22. Take the kids to Disney World.
Janine H., of Confessions of a Mommyaholic blog
23. Sun-soaked rooftop drinking and outdoor concerts.
Charlotte K., of My Pixie Blog
24. Watch my son play ball – everywhere!
Michelle T., of MamaMick blog
25. Live by my terms…right here.
Lisa, of The Meaning of Me blog
26. Take a swim in Lake Michigan.
Christine W., of A Fly on our Chicken Coop Wall blog
27. Roam Cornish beaches with my dogs.
Earl., of Earl’s World blog
28. BBQ, beer, books, and family too!
Tiffany M., of Kismas Life blog
29. Soaking up the sun in Aruba.
Cheryl W., of Plucking of My Heartstrings blog
30. Quebec to explore, eat, and exhale.
Cassandra, of The Next Delusion blog
31. Unplug and unwind in the Adirondacks.
Amanda L., of Miss Zippy blog
32. Bathroom’s fine; just want somewhere quiet!
Lauren C., of Oh Honestly blog
33. Beach sitting, book reading; drinking sunshine!
Kirsten P., of The Kir Corner blog
34. Camping in the woods with family.
Rabia L., of The Lieber Family blog
35. Go to the beach in Maine!
Lindsay L., of The Lean Green Bean blog
36. Skip bathing suit season in Antarctica.
Lois M., of Midlife at the Oasis blog
37. Montana mountains watching the sky dance.
Suzanne R., of A Window Into the Woods blog
38. Wine at woodsy cabin at sunset.
Kerith S., of Brielle and Me blog
39. Read books, I don’t care where.
Erik W., of This Kid Reviews Books blog
40. Picnic together in the Swiss Alps.
Jen, of A Lady in France blog
41. Road trip to see My family.
Louida M., of Product Review Mom blog
42. I want acclimation, relaxation, and recreation!
Torrie, of A.Prompt Reply blog
43. Swirl sparklers against the city skyline.
Lisa B., of Black Panty Salvation blog
44. Spend more time with my cats.
Ellen P., of 15 and Meowing blog
45. Kayak Narrow River to Narragansett Beach.
Tony A., of The Plagued Parent blog
46. Lakeside cheese eating with loved ones.
Emily, of Nerd in the Brain blog
47. Lie on the beach and bake!
Jamie C., of PinkNoam blog
48. Yum! Making s’mores by the campfire.
Kim S., of Co-Pilot Mom blog
49. Family water war on sizzling days.
Dana T., of The Kitchen Witch blog
50. Wildwood NJ beach, all day long.
Teri B., of Snarkfest blog
51. Ascend all 2800 Grouse Grind feet.
Kelly M., of Just Typikel blog
52. Drink margaritas out in the backyard.
Heather C., of Heather Christo blog
53. Building epic sand castles on beach.
Meredith S., of The Mom of the Year blog
54. Read a book without child interruption.
Meg D., of Dear Crazy Kids blog
55. Taste the sea on my lips.
Samantha J., of Foreclosure 2 Frugal blog
56. Go skiing in the snowy mountains.
Yvonne T., of Hello World blog
57. Camping with three small children: Adventurous!
Kim, of Protean Mom blog
58. Pick plump blueberries on Earl’s Farm.
Ginny M., of Lemon Drop Pie blog
59. Scalloping in the Gulf of Mexico.
Sandy R., of An Honest Sinner blog
60. Swan-watching reverie riverside with my journal.
Deborah W., of Temenos blog
61. Stargaze with boys in the country.
Penelope G., of Penelope’s Oasis blog
62. Camping with family in Silverton, Colorado!
Jen W., of Pink When blog
63. Meet Shoeless Joe in the Field.
Lisa T., of Lisa Thomson Live blog
64. Day baseball with all the kids.
Eli P., of Coach Daddy blog