I kind of have my dream job.
I write, all day. There’s food around. I love my team. Did I mention the writing and the food? And the laptop. And the company trip to Cancun tomorrow, and the bowling alley. And I get to write. All day. With food.
I think it’s more a dreamy job.
A dream job, maybe, is one that you know exists or hope exists or have dreamed up to exist. Not one you find, then fall in love with. So the dream job would still be a reporter for NPR. I have a jacked-up enough name for it.
Every month, I compile a post called “6 Words.” Ernest Hemingway inspired it when he said any story can be told in a six-word sentence. I ask bloggers, friends, strangers, and a few strange blogger friends to respond to a prompt.
Want to receive an email with monthly prompts? Just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with 6 words in the subject line, to subscribe.
Today is Punch the Clock Day. What job – real or imagined – would fit you? Think “doughnut taste tester at Krispy Kreme” or “Jennifer Lawrence’s personal yoga mat toter.”
1. Social media whiz for music festival.
Katy, of Stereotypically Able
2. Official nature photographer for Canon camera.
Susan, of Life is a Journey, Not a Guided Tour
3. 24/7 personal assistant to Mike Rowe.
Teri B., of Snarkfest
4. Hello? National Geographic? Yes, I’m ready.
Les B., of Ink Interrupted
5. Professional online bargain shopper–budget unlimited 😉
Meredith S., of The Mom of the Year
6. Elephant caregiver at The Elephant Sanctuary.
Beth T., of Beth Teliho
7. Book reading worthy beach umbrella tester.
Megan B., of Super Commuter Couples
8. Jimmy Fallon’s first-chair xylophone player.
Stephanie J., of When Crazy Meets Exhaustion
9. Saviour of furry and feathered creatures.
Dorreen A., of The Mother Hen Diaries
10. Being Mark Harmon’s underpants. Pure bliss.
Stephanie-May, of 50 Shades of Me
11. Stormtrooper squadron leader and Cheese Czar.
Eli P., of Coach Daddy
12. World Renowned International Coffee Taste Tester.
Rhonda A., of Albom Adventures
13. The keeper of Cam Newton’s towel.
Kara R., of Clemson U.
14. Worldwide Coffee Bean Taster and Collector.
Tiffany M., of Kismas Life
15.Author of the Netflix movie descriptions.
Raine V., of Pursuit of Peace
16. Traveling backstage concert-goer, just listening.
Kimberly N., of Bring Your Brave
17. A fry taster at delicious McDonald’s.
Amber M., of Airing My Dirty Laundry
18. Like John Green, with less profanity.
Julia T., of Diary of a Word Nerd
19. Quality assurance new book page sniffer.
Leah V., of Little Miss Wordy
20. Purveyor of smiles, used and new.
Nicholas R., of Nicholas C. Rossis
21. Bottle feeder of tiny baby goats.
Julie N., of Three Chickens and a Boat
22. Ice cream and chocolate tester? Yessssss.
Kathy G., of The Second Half of My Life
23. Personal photographer for sexy Sean Connery.
Naila M., of Just the Stuff Ya Know
24. Keeper of all sentimental things.
Tricia M., of Raising Humans
25. Pet photographer and cookies for cats.
Kristen, of Bye Bye Beer
26. Brownie taste tester – calories don’t count.
Kim, of Protean Mom
27. Food critic for New York times.
Lisa, of Life as an El Paso Woman
28. Helper of Até, goddess of mischief.
Joyce L., of Catch My Words
29. Anthony Bourdain’s younger female travel host.
Jess W., of Jess Witkins’ Happiness Project
30. Spiritual growth coach, journeying with you.
Jennifer L., of That’s a Jenn Story
31. Joy and happiness through dance classes.
Cristina, of Exhale Joy
32. Jigsaw Puzzle Putter Togetherer … errr, yup.
Aunie, of Aunie Sauce
33. My job and passion; group therapist.
Ann K., of The Year(s) of Living Non-Judgmentally
34. writer who talks to everyone everywhere.
beth k., of i didn’t have my glasses on …
35. Albino moose photographer for National Geographic.
Tamara B., of Tamara (Like) Camera
36. Whale stalking blogger, shopper, and sleeper.
April, of Stories of Our Boys
37. I made my dream job, fortunately.
Jamie, of C.R.A.F.T.
38. Making videos while traveling the world.
Emily L., of Bit by Wanderlust
39. Professional couch potato and snacker extraordinaire.
Katy C., of Experienced Bad Mom
40. Lead actor for stage and screen.
Courtney, of Blog Me This
41. Sports marketing for the Dallas Mavericks.
Nicki L., of Lewis Lane Designs
42. Bacon correspondent for the Food Channel.
Ned H., of Humor at the Speed of Life
43. Writing to my heart’s content, daily.
Janine H., of Confessions of a Mommyaholic
44. Professional Chocolate Croissant Quality Assurance Engineer.
Cassandra, of The Next Delusion
45. Freedom Fighter for the Follically Challenged.
Momus, of The Next Delusion
46. Howler generator for Ron Weasley’s mother.
Elen G., of Elen Grey
47. Food photographer for exclusive French chocolatier.
Jennifer S., of Jenn’s Midlife Crisis
48. Muse at 19th century salon.
Elizabeth M., of Lapidary Prose
49. A 2016 PricewaterhouseCoopers Oscars balloting co-leader.
Kelly M., of Just Typikel
50. Official book reader for the kingdom.
Lisa, of The Meaning of Me