I have an unfinished book. Or two.
Raise your hand if you can say the same. I’m not talking that Danielle Steele paperback collecting dust on your nightstand. I’m talking, fingers to the keyboard, creative endeavor, this’ll be so cool writing that gets left behind like the Dallas Cowboys in the playoffs.
One of mine is a book about the NFL in the 1970s.
Every month, I compile a post called 6 Words. Ernest Hemingway inspired it when he said any story can be told in six words. I ask bloggers, friends, strangers, and a few strange blogger friends to respond to a prompt.
May is Creative Beginnings Month. What’s one creative endeavor you have in you that you need to start? Even better: Start it. Maybe use this post as square one to finally get it underway.
What would yours be?
1. Conquering my gosh darn knitting needles.
Tara, of Aiming High Wife
2. I’m going to play a ukulele!
Yvonne T., of Hello World
3. Make Disney World vacation photo album.
Dana H., of Kiss My List
4. Equip our LEGOman for hockey WC.
Tamara G., of Confessions of a Part-time Working Mom
5. Take the page onto the stage.
Jenn C., of jenncrowell.com
6. A crocheted blanket for baby nephew!
Courtney W., of Blog Me This
7. Learn a whole song on guitar.
Eric W., of All in a Dad’s Work
8. Stop procrastinating … finish writing my story.
Mary Lou Q., of Me in the Middle
9. Write now, or forever remain unwritten.
Leslie B., of Ink Interrupted
10. My first book, a future best seller.
Alison T., of Sparkly Shoes and Sweat Drops
11. Pencil sketches – window to my soul.
12. My book. For real this time.
Tricia M., of Raising Humans
13. Harnessing Tina Fey’s humor and wit.
Erika, of Anxious Mom
14. Memoir, ‘My Life as a Pantser.’
Susan D., of Color Me Writing
15. Start freelancing again – pitch someone NOW!
Rachel L., of Don’t Eat the Pencil
16. I need to start that book.
Andrea M., of About 100%
17. Write the book that lives within.
Charlotte K., of My Pixie Blog
18. Learning guitar and piano: Part dueux.
Kim, of Protean Mom
19. Stop being afraid; submit that script!
Tammie, of The Graying Chronicles
20. Two room apartment? Wagon wheel garden 🙂
Lyn C., of The Call of the Pen
21. Quiet book to entertain kids overseas.
Holly C., of Simplify Create Inspire
22. Time to finally publish my novels!
Sandra, of A Momma’s View
23. StART painting quotes on wood today!
Pat C., of New Bloggy Cat
24. That book, concept complete, frozen mid-research.
Laura, of Riddle from the Middle
25. Ace Recital Hair Buns for Dummies.
Janine H., of Confessions of a Mommyaholic
26. Weed, hoe, seed, water backyard heaven!
Tiffany M., of Sounds Like Life to Me
27. Help Grace start her own blog.
Eli P., of Coach Daddy