We operate on CD time around here.
You know – Coach Daddy time. A to Z Challenge? Few days behind. Photo a Day Challenge? Hell, June’s almost over, and it feels like I have a week of photos to take. So it stands to reason we’d recognize National Safety Month – June – On June 29.
Every month, I compile a post called 6 Words. Ernest Hemingway inspired it when he said any story can be told in six words. I ask bloggers, friends, strangers, and a few strange blogger friends to respond to a prompt.
June is National Safety Month. Tell us about something you did decidedly unsafe – in six words. It could be from any time in your life. Think “Rode Big Wheel off garage roof,” or “Wore Georgia gear in Florida section.”
The National Safety Council laid out the month of safetiness for us.
First week: Stand Ready to Respond. (Hell, I’d just thought of the prompt idea that week.) Second week: Be healthy. (Pretty sure I was sick.) Third week: Watch Out for Dangers. (I’ve driven for months with one headlight.)
Fourth week? Share Roads Safely. Bingo! I stopped squirting windshield wiper fluid on tailgaters while on Interstate 485.
What about you? What’s something you did that was decidedly unsafe?
1. Skate backwards down a big hill.
Kathy G., of The Second Half of My Life
2. Steered wheel while friend accelerated braked.
Beth K., of I didn’t have my glasses on …
3. Took medication “as prescribed”: who knew?
Renee S.J., of Renee A Schuls-Jacobson
4. Hung out window of moving car.
Diana T., of Creating Herstory
5. Moved to a state with winter.
Rosey M., of Mail for Rosey
6. Answered when called ID said UNKNOWN.
Alison T., of Sparkly Shoes and Sweat Drops
7. Jumped off chair with butter knife.
Kathy R., of My Dishwasher’s Possessed
8. Silos are not your personal Everest.
Leslie B., of Ink Interrupted
9. I hitchhiked twice in foreign countries.
Christina M., of Amanda’s Books and More
10. Talked back to grandma once … OUCH!
Dulcinea, of Hodgepodge for the Soul
11. Texted while driving, almost hit wall.
Beth C., of Dialysis Gal
12. Panic! Autistic son lost at Disney.
Marci W., of What’s For Dinner Moms
13. Jumped out the window into snow.
Sandra, of A Momma’s View
14. Swam right where Jaws was filmed.
Jacquelyn S., of One Woman, Huge World
15. Sprayed wasps standing atop 21-foot ladder.
Eric W., of All in a Dad’s Work
16. Outran the train, wasn’t very smart.
Jack S., of The Jack B
17. Opened boxes with a butcher knife.
Jennifer B., of The Deliberate Mom
18. Strange place. In car. With Strangers.
Susan D., of Color Me Writing
19. One pushbike
Lyn, of The Call of the Pen
20. Climbed the rigging of tall ship.
Yvonne T., of Hello World
21. Alcohol poisoning on partner’s 21st birthday.
Tyler A., of Tyler Charles Austen
22. Blizzard, upstate New York, oncoming truck.
Tamara B., of Tamara (Like) Camera
23. Ate hotdog from Cancun street vendor.
Dana H, of Kiss My List
24. No film permit means lotsa cops.
Kim, of Protean mom
25. Driving that effing creepy hybrid loaner.
Tamara G., of Confessions of a Part-time Working Mom
26. Wore Oregon shirt to UCLA campus.
Katy W., of Stereotypically Able
27. No hands! No feet! Downhill – crash!
P.D. W, of Cricketmuse
28. Ate lots of spicy junk food.
Lisa, of Life of an El Paso Woman
29. My Rottie reversed the leash law.
Pat, of New Bloggy Cat
30. Wild speed boat ride with stranger.
Mary Lou Q., of Me in the Middle
31. I yelled at gun-loving senators.
Joyce L., of Catch My Words
32. Black diamond ski slope while inebriated.
Stacy, of Stacy Uncorked
33. Jumped on raft covered with wasps.
Jenny, of Peace from Panic
34. Talking with my hands near cacti.
Kimberly N., of Kimberly Novosel
35. Rooted for Mets at Yankee Stadium.
Janine H., of Confessions of a Mommyaholic
36. Left backdoor unlocked during a manhunt.
Melissa R., of In Between Moderation
37. Grabbed cash back from robber’s hand.
Mo L., of Mocadeaux
38. Running across Berlin highway with suitcase.
Jenn C., of Jenn Crowell
39. Drove the speed limit in Florida.
Eli P., of Coach Daddy