Passport awareness to me means knowing where the dreaded thing is.
It’s a viable fear, losing my passport in another country. Not that I jet-set. Were it not for Red Ventures’ annual company trip, the extent of my worldly travel could be summed up in a drive down Charlotte’s Central Avenue, with its Mexican bakeries and Mediterranean restaurants.
I compile a monthly post called “6 Words.”
Ernest Hemingway inspired it when he said any story can be told in six words. I ask bloggers, friends, strangers, and a few strange blogger friends to respond to a prompt. September was National Passport Awareness Month.
In six words, tell us where you’d go, and what you’d do. Think “To Croatia, to get a tan” or “England, to change Pippa Middleton’s mind.”
What say you? Where would you go? What would you do? Here’s what my strange blogger friends say:
1. To Italy and eat Italian food.
Lisa, of Blondie’s BEARista
2. Italy to shop, eat, drink wine.
Hilary G., of Feeling Beachie
3. India, to MODIfy the rape laws.
Patricia C., of New Bloggy Cat
4. Ireland, to find my soul’s roots.
Rhea M., of Life is Messy, Life is Marvelous
5. Paul, Jenn and Poutine in Montreal.
Jenn L., of The Pilgrimage
6. Italy, eating pasta and drinking wine!
Tiffany M., of Sounds Like Life to Me
7. For the love of Pho, Vietnam.
Michelle D., of The Complete Savorist
8. To Ireland, to see the view.
Charlene A., of Thinking Outside the Pot
9. To England, to blackmail Prince Harry.
Deb R., of Deb Was Here
10. To Thailand, to taste life more!
Trina T., of Anything, Everything, All Things That Make Life
11. Banff. Kids should experience white Christmas.
Sandra, of A Momma’s View
12. To the Bahamas, to escape winter.
Janine H., of Confessions of a Mommyaholic
13. Win lottery, move to Hawaii forever.
Teri B., of Snarkfest
14. To Rome, to run a marathon.
Lauren B., of Lauren Boldizar
15. Giraffe Manor in Kenya, bucket list.
Michelle N., of A Dish of Daily Life
16. An African safari, to honor Joey.
Kathy G., of Kissing the Frog
17. Machu Picchu, to enrich my soul!
18. Sail the world to teach kids.
Josie L., of A Family Afloat
19. Overseas to battle, fighting for freedom!
Second Lieutenant Aunie R., of Aunie Sauce
20. Everywhere! Just to experience different cultures.
Rox, of Unintentionally Brilliant
21. To Sweden, to celebrate our 25th!
Susan D., of Color Me Writing
22. Bonjour Mickey! Disneyland Paris with grandkids.
Mo L., of Mocadeau
23. Bath, England, to find Nicholas Cage.
Ellen, of 15 and Meowing
24. Around the world to beat Verne.
Diana T., of Creating Herstory
25. To Italy, to drink the wine.
Susan, of A Woman’s View of Hunting … with Men
26. Forgot passport, can’t board the flight.
Clay W., of Making the Days Count
27. Oh, Paris! Bonjour, ma belle baguette!
28. Peru, Uganda, Tanzania: Visit my children.
Casey A., of Hypervigilant.org
29. To Germany, I’d visit loved ones.
Lisa A., of Life of an El Paso Woman
30. Anywhere, barefoot, with my sweet girls.
Eli P., of Coach Daddy