One million dollars.
Notice: This post won’t reference Dr. Evil’s famous demand for one million dollars in the Austin Powers movie. I’ve never seen the damn thing. Seems kind of dumb. It’s one of those pop culture things a curmudgeon like me just didn’t get into.
Kind of like the Harlem Shake, The Walking Dead, and anything to do with Kobe Bryant.
The fine citizens listed below in this post, however, know just what to do with a million dollars. In six words. I asked strangers, friends, and strange blogger friends, “If you had $1,000,000 but you had to give it to other people, who would you give it to?”
Not a single damned one of them said, “to Coach Daddy’s Fund for Totino’s Pizza and Ginger Snaps,” of course. (Ingrates. Plus, that’s more than six words.)
Ernest Hemingway asserted that any story could be told in six words. In that spirit, every month, I ask the chosen flock to respond to a prompt in six words. I post the collection here every last Wednesday of the month.
Enjoy. Check out their blogs, which are, incidentally, worth way more than a million bucks. Also, let us know what you’d do with that cool million, should it be bestowed upon you to distribute.
1. Give to our great U.S. veterans.
Nina, of Nina Says
2. My kid’s school and food bank.
Erika, of That Anxious Mom
3. I would give it to hubby…
Sandra, of A Momma’s View
4. Establish 20 scholarships for single parents.
Roxanne P., of Unintentionally Brilliant
5. Alzheimer’s caregivers & research, kids, animals, & homelessness!
Rena M., of The Diary of an Alzheimer’s Care Giver
6. Moms needing childcare for sanity breaks!
Meredith S., of The Mom of the Year
7. Families who want to adopt children.
Kimberly N., of Kimberly Novosel
8. Carleton Varsity Swim Team and literacy.
Louise H., of Baby Gates Down
9. Parents, to thank them for everything.
Belle T., of One Awesome Momma
10. Think Local~Give Local~Share Love.
Mary Lou Q., of Me in the Middle
11. Random hard working, yet struggling families.
Tamara G., of Confessions of a Part-time Working Mom
12. I’d MAKE IT RAIN at church!
Aunie R., of Aunie Sauce
13. Start a non-profit for the needy.
Elizabeth W., of Autism Mom
Claudia W., of Images by CW
15. Local charities, university scholarships, my wife.
Eric W., of All in a Dad’s Work
16. Every police dog gets bulletproof bests!
Lisa, of The Blondie Barista
17. Help young travelers explore the world.
E. Chloe, of The Girl Who Clicked
18. Donate beds to dogs in shelters.
Charlotte K., of My Pixie Blog
19. God, parents, nieces, nephew, needy children.
Shannon B., of Whole Foods
20. Free day for Dillon’s grocery shoppers!!
Kim T., of Day with KT
21. Redeem lives – displaced, exploited, vulnerable people.
Jenn S., of Jenn’s Midlife Crisis
22. My parents. I’m in the will.
Sheri M., of When the Kids Go to Bed
23. a refugee family to live again.
beth k., of i didn’t have my glasses on …
24. My kids, to secure their future.
Miriam B., of Out An About
25. Fight against stigma of mental illness.
Raine V., of Pursuit of Peace
26. Twenty bloggers from 20 different countries.
Pat C., of New Bloggy Cat
27. My choice: Everytown for Gun Safety.
Ann K., of The Year(s) of Living Non-Judgementally
28. Education Is a RIGHT: For ALL.
Leslie B., of Ink Interrupted
29. H&R Block to leak Trump’s returns.
Stephanie J., of Where Crazy Meets Exhaustion
30. To the care of ocean life.
Debbie T., of Heartbeats~Soul Stains
31. My Dog; Canines for Equal Education.
Tianna S., of Storybook Apothecary
32. St. Jude’s to find a cure.
Janine H., of Confessions of a Mommyaholic
33. To the contractor renovating my house!
Lisa W., of The Golden Spoons
34. Food for people, shelter for animals.
Cristina, of Exhale and Enjoy Life
35. Adopting Families. Kids need good parents!
April S., of Story of Our Boys
36. I would give it to my mom.
Frugie, of Frugalista Blog
37. Self-supporting college-bound kids – $5k to 200.
Dana H., of Kiss My List
38. Money is energy that should work.
Alex M., of A Life Answer
39. I’d help fund Planned Parenthood — indefinitely.
Norine M., of Science of Parenthood
40. I’d build homes for the homeless.
Cathy T., of Just My Thoughts … and a Cup of Tea
41. Big bucks. Big responsibility. Prayerfully consider.
C. Muse, of Cricketmuse
Elizabeth M., of Lapidary Prose
43. Education, epis, food for allergy families.
Daniella K., of Smart Allergy Friendly Education
44. Children’s charity, children’s hospital, women’s shelter.
Shannon A., of Radio Chick’s Reflections
45. Stop hunger. Donate to food bank.
Jennifer, of The Deliberate Mom
46. Teachers: they deserve fancy cars too!
Julia T., of Diary of a Word Nerd
47. Establish a snow day snack fund.
Eli, of Coach Daddy
48. www.Cleanslatela.org many programs that change lives
Megan B., of Super Commuter Couples