How great would it be … not to be me.
Who hasn’t thought this? In those moments we’re out of gas, out of time or out of toilet paper (or all three). At times when we follow our favorite adorable pro golfer just to see she has three names now, just like those old-school 80s Olympic sprinters.
I like being me, though.
So much so that I would hate to not be me, to miss out on late-night ginger snaps and Sunlounger and Cher Lloyd on Pandora. On coaching my girls, raising my kids or writing my blog. Did I mention ginger snaps?
As you might know, my favorite writer, Ernest Hemingway, inspired this post when he said any story can be told in six words. I ask bloggers, friends, strangers, and a few strange blogger friends to respond to a prompt.
For February, I asked: If you could trade places with anyone for one day, who would you choose, and what would you do?
What would you say?
1. A Buddhist monk, exploring my soul!
Erica K., of Erica Kind
2. My dog – take naps, look cute.
Meredith S., of The Mom of the Year
3. Coach Daddy and eat Totino’s Pizza.
Pat C., of New Bloggy Cat
4. Oprah – spreading joy and Oprah-y things.
Charlotte K., of My Pixie Blog
5. Mark Zuckerberg and sign me co-owner$.
Jacquelin S., of One Woman, Huge World
6.Anderson Cooper: To know the dirt.
Lindsey F., of The Flynnigans
7. I’m happily too comfortable being myself… 😉
Sandra, of A Momma’s View
8. I’d be zen like Dalai Lama.
Sarah, of Journeys of the Zoo
9. Superman, to save the Falcons game. 😦
Kenya J., of Kenya G. Johnson
10. My Cats. Laze the day away.
Kathy G., of The Second Half of My Life
11. Is there any question? A man!
Tamara B., of Tamara (Like) Camera
12. A pregnant friend; to feel kicks.
Court, of Baking in my Bathing Suit
13. Stephen King, I’d inhale his muse.
Joylene B., of Joylene Nowell Butler, suspense author
14. Dr Chang
Lyn, of The Call of the Pen
15. Abraham Lincoln and I would duck.
Amber M., of Airing My Laundry, One Load at a Time
16. My dog because he sleeps often.
Elle, of Elle Sees
17. Mom, so she could speak again.
Charissa S., of Joy in the Moments
18. A chocolate taster – gorge on chocolate!
Ritu B., of But I Smile Anyway
19. Jane Austen. I’d write another novel.
Jess W., of Jess Witkins’ Happiness Project
20. Brain surgeon: inject Trump with decency.
Tamara G., of Confessions of a Part-time Working Mom
21. Gates: purchase house / iPads for friends.
22. Somebody everybody loves; I’d love it!
Allison C., of Allison Barrett Carter
23. One of my kids, be shocked.
Debbie T., of Heartbeats ~ Soul Stains
24. Ryan Giggs – play for Manchester United.
26. Be Jesus, save the Rockies’ season.
Eli P., of Coach Daddy