When I was a kid, I wanted to be friends with Elliott.
He’s the boy who befriended E.T. in the movie. He just seemed like the kind of kid I would like to hang out with. Looking back, I believe I probably admired his loyalty and courage in all that happened when E.T. came to town.
Every month, I collect responses for a post I call 6 Words.
If you’ve been around here a while you know Ernest Hemingway inspired this idea when he said all stories could be told in six words. I ask friends, strangers, bloggers, and strange blogger friends to respond to a prompt, in six words.
This month’s prompt:
If you had to take an alien to the best place on Earth, where would you go? Think, “Wrigley Field, day game in bleachers” or “Montana. Far away from the noise.”
What would you say, in six words?
1. Death Valley. To see the stars.
A.J. S., of Read All the Things!
2. Hawaii for surfing and Kona coffee!
Sandra, of What Sandra Thinks
3. A cross-country motorcycle trip with me.
4. Colorado Plateau. Greatest earth on show.
Rebecca D., of Ninja Librarian
5. Sand, surf, sun in 75 degrees.
Julie, of More than Main Street
6. Area 51, Nevada, for family reunion.
Maggie C., of What Rhymes with Stanza?
7. Behold: Gichi-Gami’s majesty from Brockway Mountain!
Annie, of McGuffy’s Reader
8. Paris. Best people watching on earth.
Charlotte K., of My Pixie Blog
9. Writing retreat with a perfect idea!
Elizabeth M., of Dreaming in the Daylight …
10. Blueridge Mountains for a summer sunrise.
Carolyn A., of Carolyn Afstalk
11. The lake – beautiful sunset with s’mores.
Laura H., of Riddle from the Middle
12. Cafe du Monde, coffee, and beignets.
Mimi, of Messy Mimi’s Musings
13. Visit friends and relatives in Roswell.
Joyce L., of Catch My Words
14. floating slowly on a lazy river.
beth k., of i didn’t have my glasses on …
15. Quiet California beach side, after sundown.
Tammie, of The Graying Chronicles
16. Aoshima Island, where cats outnumber humans.
Pat C., of New Bloggy Cat
17. Sunset cruise. Middle of the ocean.
Amy N., of Health, Home, and Heart
18. The Kruger National Park, wildlife paradise.
Kim B., of Kim
19. The Blue Mountains, beauty flows deep.
Jess, of Day Sixty Five
20. Newfoundland, in July. The beautiful Rock.
Susan D., of Color Me Writing
21. Vancouver, a swim then a ski.
Kelly M., of Just Typikel
22. Camden Yards when Orioles win #WorldSeries.
Eric W., of All in a Dad’s Work
23. Diving in Barbados. Heaven on Earth.
Lindsay F., of The Flynnigans
24. Hraunfossar in Iceland, my favorite waterfall.
Sara L., of Sara Letourneau’s Official Web Site & Blog
25. Hike a 14er and appreciate view!
Tiffany, of Sounds Like Life to Me
26. Barking sea-lions at La Jolla Cove.
Tamara G., of Part-time Working Hockey Mom
27. Shakespeare’s Globe, London: imprinting archaic English.
Jenn L., of The Pilgrimage
28. Disney World’s Magic Kingdom Fireworks Show.
Janine H., of Confessions of a Mommyaholic
29. Daughter’s House
Lyn C., of The Call of the Pen
30. Walt Disney World. It’s so magical.
Sarah, of Journeys of The Zoo
31. The Pacific Northwest. So, so green!
Kimberly N., of Kimberly Novosel
32. La Lucia Beach Durban, South Africa.
Melissa S., of Melissa’s Southern Style Kitchen
33. The Linmar Gardens in Galena, Illinois.
Nikki, of Boldly Bravely You
34. Has to be the Jersey Shore.
Stacey G., of One Funny Motha
35. Bora Bora, the real blue lagoon.
Rachel R., of The Confused Millennial
36. Jay’s Elbow Room – Best. Wings. Ever.
Lisa L., of The Meaning of Me
37. Ephesus … In Turkey. Then eat shawarma!
GiGi, of GiGi Eats Celebrities
38. Okanagan Lake, summer on the beach.
Alison T., of Sparkly Shoes and Sweat Drops
39. Pepsi Porch – Royals Stadium, August 2015.
Michelle T., of Lipstick and Laundry
40. Lakeside coffee, Fenway, city view rooftop.
Court, of Baking in my Bathing Suit
41. To my kitchen, to make tortillas.
Eli P., of Coach Daddy
42. Tacos. Because it’s an earth thing.
Jen H., of Jenerally Informed
43. Maldives. Dry season, scuba, sun, sand.
# # #