Fact: I’ve never read the last page of a book first.
Why would I? I know some of y’all do. I can’t do it. I want to experience the story as it unfolds. This is why I wouldn’t ask a fortuneteller anything. You think I want to know if the Colorado Rockies will ever win a World Series?
Part of the beauty of experiencing anything – even the agony of being a Rockies fan – happens to be the prospect of hope. Not its guarantee. Knowing that the Rockies won’t win it all until 3023 would ruin baseball for me forever.
I compile a monthly post called 6 Words on my blog. Ernest Hemingway inspired it when he said any story can be told in six words. I ask bloggers, friends, strangers, and a few strange blogger friends to respond to a prompt.
Here’s the prompt for June:
If you asked someone to read your fortune, what’s the best thing they could say to you?
This question came from the website Q4KIDZ, which provides daily questions designed to spark imagination and conversation between you and your kids. Check them out.
1. The best is yet to come.
Charlotte K., of My Pixie Blog
2. You will live a happy life.
3. Your wildest dreams will come true.
Aj, of Read All the Things!
4. Nap as long as you want.
Stephanie, of Steph the Book Worm
5. Human will feed you salmon daily. 😻
Pat C., of New Bloggy Cat
6. Your children will happily outlive you.
Kelly M., of Just Typikel
7. To mother well: drink more wine.
Angela C., of MOMtessoriLife
8. You will continue to be loved.
Dana H., of Kiss My List
9. Someone paid your student loan debt.
Jillian S., of Jillian Loves …
10. You will marry Miss Piggy soon.
Bacon T., of Pig Love
11. You are bringing glory to God.
Susan D., of Color Me Writing
12. You will embrace all your successes.
Kathy R., of My Dishwasher’s Possessed
13. They will say you did well.
Katherine B., of Welcome to the Nursery
14. No young deaths in my family.
Kristi C., of Finding Ninee
15. Your elbow will soon move fully.
Yvonne T., of Hello World
16. Your children will have blessed lives.
Vera S., of Lady and the Blog
17. All is and will be well.
Mimi, of Messymimi’s Meanderings
18. Together you’ll live happily ever after …
Deb, of Deb Runs
19. Your kids will be great people.
Tanja L., of Sports Mum
20. “Well done, good and faithful servant.
Chris & Kim, of Curb Your Anxiety
21. He’s done, But he’s here forever.
C.S., of How I Lost My Chains
22. Your Words Fly and Hearts Open.
Leslie, of Ink Interrupted
23. Actually, you do see white moose.
Tamara B., of Tamara (Like) Camera
24. Take the day off. I insist.
Louise H., of Baby Gates Down
25. Long happy life with loved ones.
Rea A., of Blissful Snapshots
26. Live to see your grandkids’ kids.
Janine H., of Confessions of a Mommyaholic
27. Life rich in love and laughter.
Lauren B., of Lauren Boldizar
28. Good things are headed your way.
Emily F., of The Emi Times
29. You will live long and prosper.
Ashley C., of Happy, Pretty, Sweet
30. Patient prayers will all be granted.
Annie, of McGuffy’s Reader
31. You will be healthy and happy.
Beth K., of The Beth Next Door
32. Expect babies, happiness, Two Star General.
2d Lt. Annelise Rowe, of Aunie Sauce
33. I see only happiness, no sorrow.
Ellen, of 15 and Meowing
34. I see endless amounts of sunshine.
Corey W., of Nostalgia Diaries
35. You will have eternal mental peace.
36. Your hard work will pay off.
Nikki W., of Boldly Bravely You
37. Studying further will open those doors.
Anthea B., of My 30something Adventures
38. Your grandchildren will live happy lives.
Mo, of Mocadeaux
39. The best is yet to come.
Jaye L., of Jaye Street
40. In your old age you will …
T. P. Hogan, of Escape … and Explore Hidden Worlds
41. Don’t worry gorgeous, you’re doing great!
Tiffany M., of Sounds Like Life to Me
42. You’ll be crap at video games.
Eli P., of Coach Daddy
43. You will live happily ever after. 🙂
Katy W., of Stereotypically Able
44. The stars will align for you.
# # #