I coulda been in the Guinness book.
No, really. My plan: To coach soccer for 24 hours straight. Twenty-four one-hour sessions, with kids signed up around the clock. (I’d get college kids to fill the overnight hours.) One boy on my team wanted to camp out and participate in as many hours as possible.
It never happened.
We’d planned it as a fundraiser for a teammate who’d been diagnosed with leukemia. The Guinness folks said if it was tied to a charity, it wouldn’t count. And that’s okay. That teammate? He went into remission.
Maybe I’ll have another chance.
I compile a monthly post called “6 Words” on my blog. Ernest Hemingway inspired it when he said any story can be told in six words. I ask bloggers, friends, strangers, and a few strange blogger friends to respond to a prompt.
What would you do?
I took a question from emails I get from Q4KIDZ for this month’s prompt. Have you signed up for emails and texts from them? They send out daily questions and prompts to get the conversation going with your kids.
Here’s the prompt:
Imagine you made it into the Guinness Book of Records. What did you do to get your name in there?
What would your answer be?
1. Biggest fan of Eli’s 6-words’ topics.
Kelly M., of Just Typikel
2. I danced for a complete week.
Miriam B., of Out an About
3. Purchasing and losing the most lipbalms.
Kristen, Bye Bye Beer
4. De-shelling lobster in under two minutes.
Sheri M., of When the Kids Go to Bed
5. Ate most Doritos in one day.
Ashley A., of Big Top Family
6. She keeps the library personnel busy!
Tessa, of Always a Writer
7. Serious poison ivy… on my lady-bits.
Renee S., of RAS Jacobson
8. I did the loudest purr ever.
Pat, of New Bloggy Cat
9. I memorized more books than anyone!
Mimi, of Messy Mimi’s Meanderings
10. Largest wine cork collection- don’t judge.
Tiffany M., of Sounds Like Life to Me
11. Got all the kudos, amassed hits!
Leslie B., of Ink Interrupted
12. Amount of naps in a week.
Lauren, of Shooting Star Mag
13. Rena excels at dealing with bullshit!
Rena M., of The Blogging 911
14. I changed political opinions on Facebook.
Mary Lou Q., of Me in the Middle
15. Rode elevator in every country… twice.
Ashley C., of Happy Pretty Sweet
16. Steadfast courage, abiding grace under pressure.
Anne M., of McGuffy’s Reader
17. Most cookies eaten in 3 minutes.
Lynn, of Emma and Rose
18. Most rejections received by a writer.
AJ, of Read All the Things!
19. Colored world’s largest unicorn picture alone.
Beth K., of The Beth Next Door
20. Oldest lady to do handstands.
Katherine, of Welcome to the Nursery
21. Beat Zelda 1,347 times for kids.
Kimberly S., of Kimberly C. Starr
22. Piggy jumped over the fire hydrant.
Bacon T., of Pig Love
23. Created a mountain from a molehill.
Sarah, of Journeys of The Zoo
24. At more hamburgers than anyone else!
Danny R., of Dream Big, Dream Often
25. Owns the most Starbucks. Because reasons.
Jamie D., of Stretching the Comfort Zone
26. The woman who had no fears.
Erika K., of Erika Kind
27. I made the most parents laugh.
Norine M., of Science of Parenthood
28. Sailed around the world 10 times!
Josie L., of A Family Afloat
29. Most Nanowrimo novels written, yet unedited.
Elizabeth M., of Lapidary Prose
30. The world’s best multi tasking mom.
Janine H., of Confessions of a Mommyaholic
31. Ate more than Lynn and Danny.
Eli P., of Coach Daddy