I’ll regret this in the morning.
Wait, it’s morning already. 2 a.m. almost. I’ve worked two straight days with Target shifts tacked on and I have another tomorrow. Er, today.
I’m grateful for the very energy that I’ll curse come morning. Although I’m vowing to snap up at the 6 a.m. bell. We’ll see how it goes.
I’m grateful you’re here.
I’m also grateful for these things, culled from my almost 100%-faithful journaling habit. Know what’s funny? I typed in farming habit.
10 things I’m grateful for
1. A job in which I can thrive. No cutthroat contemporaries here. Just a supportive staff that I want to do my best for.
2. Madison and Sutton’s new place. It’s nice, and it reminds me of my own apartment days. So much togetherness comes from those meager beginnings.
3. A soft place to sleep. I sleep hard and I sleep well. It’s the falling asleep part (and especially the waking up part) that are the toughest.
4. Having time to rest . I took care of business, but also I watched Last Chance U., which has a F-bomb rating of 3,329 per minute. He kind of shows me how not to coach.
5. The chance to coach. We had our preseason meeting today at Liberty Prep. The boys (and one girl!) said they can’t wait to get the season started.
6. Oh, and these teams. They’re loaded with talent and heart.
7. The chance to work hard for my life. The hours I work are nutty. But it’ll pay for soccer. I’m ready for that adventure.
8. The luxury of not having to wake up too early. Or crickety. I have a pretty decent recovery time when I have those long-ass days.
9. Gorgeous, humidity-free days. We’ve had a few of those this summer. Makes me think maybe this is how they do summer in Wisconsin.
10. Patience. Hard work. Earning my pay.
What are you grateful for today? I also got a free donut just now so that’s something.