I’m thankful to have a chance to reverse the hands of time a little.
I’m not bringing back disco or even Boy George. It’s my smile. My pearly white smile. It used to be pearly-er. But time and Coke Zero have taken a bite or two out of the wattage.
I’m writing about my journey to getting that beacon in my mouth beacon-y again. I’m so serious about this. I’m even giving up Coke Zero while I whiten. You know that’s serious.
I’ll keep you updated. Look for an “after” post soon.
Like, when girls would tell me in my teens “you’re a nice guy, but …” they’d always at least add “you’re a nice guy with great teeth, but …” It always softened the blow!
Even my mom once said, “It’s not fair.” What, I asked? “You have such white teeth.” Why is that not fair? “Is it like having a great restaurant in a bad neighborhood?”
(I laughed at that one.)
This’ll be fun.
10 things thankful
1. That my girl is okay. She had a fall yesterday. Broke my heart. But she’s strong and resilient and loved.
2. Productivity. It doesn’t show yet in the blogging world, but I’m getting lots done. I take comfort in that.
3. Quick recovery time. I mentioned it before. When I work these long days, it’s nice not to feel like Von Miller sacked me.
4. Comfortable shoes. They’re the Nikes Madison bought me a while back. They’re like walking with your feet suspended in Twinkie stuffing.
5. Compassion. I visited a dermatologist the other day. She was so understanding of me letting general health go by the wayside lately. It was finally my turn for my attention.
6. Ability to make extra money. Every penny counts. I’m grateful to be able to make some of it with words.
7. Thoughts to purge more. Not my thoughts. My things. Camdyn and I are selling a lot of my stuff. Football cards, Star Wars figures. I’m keeping the sentimental parts, and selling the rest.
8. My girls’ messages. I have a unique relationship with each of them. The frequency varies. The sentiment does not. And they’re a lot more like me than they’d like to admit!
9. Challenges to overcome. They used to make me itchy. Now, I see if you take on one at a time … you can knock them out like Rhonda Rousey. Or at least Hong Kong Phooey.
10. Writing. I want to do more. Here. In my books. In marketing. Creative stuff at work. Stuff I haven’t even thought of yet.
What about you? What has you feeling that gratitude this week? I am feeling it full-force, even without the free donuts. (There are cupcakes in the breakroom from yesterday, so there’s that.)