The orbit’s closing, at least.
I can get through my blog cycle in a week. I’ve done it twice in a row, even. I seem to surface in time for the weekly gratitude. I’m grateful for that.
There’s so much more to do, though.
I have some wonderful guest posts lined up. I’ve done some work I’m proud of on websites I admire. I want to share those, too. It’s awesome, though, to visit some sites I haven’t in a while.
To make new friends and rekindle friendships.
To imagine a day I can coach and dad and write. Eat stellar food and get enough rest. It’s getting closer. For now, I’ll be thankful to have caught up in time for this. Let’s see if I can squeeze in a post before the next one!
10 Things Grateful
1. Apps that can help me get better. I just tapped the health button on the iPhone the girls got me for Father’s Day. There’s tons of stuff in there and it told me I walked 6.4 miles on Wednesday. That wasn’t even a busy day.
2. Parts of my health improving. I’m leaner and meaner. Better in mind, too. We’ll see what the A1C says in about a week!
3. TVs and employee discounts! Madison took her 55-inch TV with her to her new place. Dang kid. Luckily, there was a sale and a Target employee discount to be had … and I used it on something other than stormtroopers and animal crackers.
4. A universe that gives me just enough. Like Jerry Seinfeld said, the news always seems to fit in the newspaper. We always seem to find a way to get what we need.
5. A kid willing to watch The Office on my laptop. Camdyn and Hayden join me for late-night tea and The Office. Between TVs, we had to watch on my laptop!
6. Hayden finally getting that kitten. Abu. She’s wanted him for so long.
7. The belief that yes, today I might write! I think that every day and I often get close. I’m rushing through this because I have a football game to cover in two hours.
8. Time spent in the present. I’ve been mindful about eating these days even. No phone, no laptop, just me and my grub.
9. My motor. It goes when my moxie is flattened. Because really, all the busy I have, it’s mostly good busy.
10. The ability to start off right – tomorrow. Yeah, it’s not New Year’s Day, but it’s kind of better. I read somewhere that sucking at something is the first step to being sort of good at something.
What’s got YOU all thankful this week?