The lights are sometimes on – even if no one’s home.
It happens. Sometimes, it’s mild – like when I wore the wrong team’s shirt to a soccer match. Or left an egg salad sandwich in my car on a sweltering July afternoon. Wait, that wasn’t minor, was it? We all do stuff with our brain switched off. Right?
Every month, I compile a post called 6 Words. Ernest Hemingway inspired it when he said any story can be told in a six-word sentence. I ask bloggers, friends, strangers, and a few strange blogger friends to respond to a prompt.
March is Brain Awareness month. Sometimes, we’re not so aware, though. In six words, what’s something you’ve done with your brain switched off? Think “put on my hoodie backwards – again.”
1. Mmmm, coffee in cereal …. yeah okay.
Nicky O., of Little Family Adventure blog
2. Why did I come in here?
Lisa W., of Planet Weidknecht blog
3. Gotten ready for work… at midnight.
Kim, of Protean Mom blog
4. Come again? My passport has expired?
Pat C., of New Bloggy Cat blog
5. Dressed daughter…didn’t remove pajamas first.
Meg D., of Dear Crazy Kids blog
6. Damn, another drafty up skirt day.
Stephanie-May, of 50 Shades of Me blog
7. Where did I leave those keys?
Serins, of Serinsphere blog
8. Switched TSP with TBSP– ruined cake.
Kiesha J., of The Brooklyn Baker blog
9. Shaken medicine doubles as paint job.
Janine H., of Confessions of a Mommyaholic blog
10. Microwaved Ramen noodles without any water!
Crystal P., of Mommyfied blog
11. Got in the shower with socks.
12. Lost my glasses…on my face.
Rabia L., of The Lieber Family blog
13. Locked keys in car. Engine on.
Tamara B., of Tamara (Like) Camera blog
14. Mistaking orange juice for coffee creamer.
Kelly M., of Just Typikel blog
15. Text meant for husband sent elsewhere….
Dana H., of Kiss My List blog
16. Walked into a room…but why?
Ginny Marie, of Lemon Drop Pie blog
17. Arrive at register, wallet’s at home.
Penelope G., of Penelope’s Oasis blog
18. They need to be fed again?
Robin R., of Masshole Mommy blog
19. Spoke with door to door salesman.
Trey B., of Daddy Mojo blog
20. Found my panties in the fridge.
Melissa B., of I Eat You Mamma blog
21. Opened ketchup then shook well – oops!
Shoes, of Shoes on the Wrong Feet blog
22. Taste the purr things without thinking.
Bacon T., of Pig Love blog
23. Find missing glasses on my face.
beth k., of i didn’t have my glasses on … blog
24. Set milk in the pantry – ugh!
Deb of Deb Runs blog
25. I poured coffee in a sippy.
Kristen H., of Mommy in Sports blog
26. Put my keys in the fridge.
Ashley M., of Post-Grad Jitters blog
27. Wait, I don’t work here anymore.
Colleen P., of Lemon Thistle blog
28. Walked outside, without my pants on!
Debbie, of Heartbeats ~ Soul Stains blog
29. Dinner ruined: Didn’t turn on crockpot.
Brenley D., of Spoons of Grace blog
30. Stumbled leaving boat, landed in sea.
Rhonda A., of Albom Adventures blog
31. The remote’s in the fridge again…
Jamie C., of Pink Noam blog
32. Left purchased chicken at grocery checkout.
Nicole, of Family Table Treasures blog
33. Milk in cupboard. Found next morning.
Jenn S., of Jenn’s Midlife Crisis blog
34. Yes I talk to myself, and?
Rebecca B., of Everyday Life blog
35. Going out without my shoes on.
Cristina, of Exhale Joy blog
36. Wore two completely different shoes. Twice.
Kathleen G., Middletini.com blog
37. Seriously? That is an entire post.
Lisa L, of The Meaning of Me blog
38. So klutzy I walk into walls.
Cynthia, of You Signed Up for What?!? blog
39. I WOULD BE HAPPY TO HELP.
Meegan, of Meegan Makes blog
40. Turned around, ran into a wall.
Megan W., of The Walker Fireside Chats blog
41. Though my shoe was my phone.
Amber M., of Airing My Laundry blog
42. Toothpaste is not for washing faces.
Alison L., of Writing Wishing blog
43. Just met – already forgot your name.
Mo L., of Mocadeaux blog
44. Went to doctor with wrong kid.
45. Washed face with shampoo in shower.
Cathy C., of An Empowered Spirit blog
46. Put liquid soap in dishwasher, twice.
Eli P., of Coach Daddy blog