When one of those days happens – you know what I’m talking about – I hope for one thing, just one, to turn it around.
Why condemn a whole day to something bad just because it got off to a
shitty rocky start?
Every month, I compile a post called 6 Words. Ernest Hemingway inspired it when he said any story can be told in a six-word sentence. I ask bloggers, friends, strangers, and a few strange blogger friends to respond to a prompt.
May is National Smile Month. What’s something that would definitely make you smile – in six words?
What would make you smile – in six words?
1. A freshly brewed cup of coffee.
Kisma, of Kisma’s Life blog
2. You. Me. Sunshine. Ice cream. Now.
Tamara B., of Tamara (Like) Camera blog
3. My poodle puppy’s antics and cuddles.
Megan W., of The Walker Fireside Chats blog
4. Watching babies laugh in YouTube videos!
Diane, of Vintage Zest blog
5. My husband coming home right now!
Amber, of Airing My Dirty Laundry blog
6. Eating chocolate makes me smile, BIG!
Nancy, of Skinny Kitchen blog
7. Having my twenty something hairline back.
Laurie S., of The Adventures of Writing blog
8. Leisurely touring Europe with the fam.
Rosey M., of Mail 4 Rosey blog
9. Mother Nature is the supreme artist.
Carolyn F., of Frankly Creative blog
10. The wagging tail of a dog.
Earl, of Earl’s World blog
11. Dreaming big dreams and holding hands.
12. My children’s laughter, smiles and love.
Theresa M., of Theresa’s Mixed Nuts blog
13. Them looking at me looking, too.
Carlos A., of Big Brown Dad blog
14. Switch places with husband during pregnancy.
Jaime C., of The Fruitful Mama blog
15. Signs of life make me grin.
Erica A., of A Sign of Life blog
16. Love, peace, tenderness and animal crackers. 🙂
Bacon T., of Pig Love blog
17. Dropping pounds while enjoying ice cream.
Clay W., of Making the Days Count blog
18. My kids make me smile everyday.
Louida M., of Product Review Mom blog
19. My children’s compassion makes me smile.
Nicky O., of Little Family Adventures blog
20. Family, fairy cakes and hot chocolate.
Hannah B., of Cupcake Mama blog
21. Whole Foods Is expanding to Canada.
Lisa B., of Black Panty Salvation blog
22. children covered in mud and love.
beth k., of i didn’t have my glasses on … blog
23. Solid yoga practice including a handstand!
Meghan G., of Southern Belle Secrets blog
24. Summer vacation with my best girls.
Elle, of Elle Sees blog
25. Faraway meaningful glances from your “Love.”
Kateri V., of Just Life: Take Two blog
26. An inspiring new job by September.
Jenn L., of That’s a Jenn Story blog
27. Puppy kisses as morning alarm clock.
Dana T., of The Kitch Witch blog
28. Magically emptied laundry basket, paired socks.
Greta F., of G-funkified blog
29. Babies, chocolate, Ellen DeGeneres, my husband.
Alison L., of Writing Wishing blog
30. Getting to meet Nicolas Cage someday.
Ellen P., of 15 and Meowing blog
31. Sunshine, pool, float, Coke, book, silence.
Sandy R., of An Honest Sinner blog
32. That is your baby’s heart beat!
Ashley T., of Confessions of a Working Mum blog
33. Obedient children and a caramel sundae.
Stephanie L., of Kickass Problem Solver
34. Witnessing kindness done to a stranger.
Archita, of A Journey Called Life blog
35. All things baby – puppies, kittens, humans.
Deb, of Deb Runs blog
36. Having the metabolism of a teenager.
Andrea M., of About 100% blog
37. Family vacation: sun, sand, surf, peace.
Stephanie R., of So I’ve Been Thinking … blog
38. Having both college kids at home.
Kelly M., of Just Typikel blog
39. Daily happy hour on the beach.
Kim T., of Day with K-T blog
40. Spontaneous “mmmm” produced by ice cream.
Michelle T., of MamaMick blog
41. Creating cherished memories with my grandchildren.
Cheryl W., of Plucking of my Heart Strings blog
42. Photos lining my daughter’s bedroom mirror.
Tony, of The Plagued Parent blog
43. Late night sisterly conversations and giggles.
Janine H., of Confessions of a Mommyaholic blog
44. Smiling is looking at 80s hair.
Kristi C., of Finding Ninee blog
45. Hilarious tweets always make me smile.
Kate H., of Can I Get Another Bottle of Whine blog
46. Unlimited beer and ribs, free, forever.
Jamie C., of Pinknoam blog
47. Rainbows never fail to trigger smiles.
Zee S., of Z.R. Southcombe blog
48. Replace regular by colorful paper, wait…
Tamara G., of The Three Gerbers blog
49. Manchester United returning to Premier League.
Ashley M., of Post-grad Jitters blog
50. Mix love, peace, comfort … and hugs.
Kir P., of The Kir Corner blog
51. Knowing that I changed a life!
Lindsay L., of The Lean Green Bean blog
52. No hunger, no hatred, just love.
Elizabeth, of Autism Mom blog
53. The sound of my kids giggling!
Rabia L., of The Lieber Family blog
54. All six kids having fun together.
Christine W., of A Fly On Our chicken Coop Wall blog
55. Purring cat cuddled on my lap.
Hilary, of Feeling Beachie blog
56. Our son returns from Uganda soon!
Gaye, of Calm.Healthy.Sexy blog
57. Books, tea, a notebook and pen.
Cristina T., of Faithfully Social blog
58. Discovery that chocolate reduces your waistline.
Melissa S., of Home on Deranged blog
59. Really, anything can make me smile.
Erik W., of This Kid Reviews Books blog
60. Many things bring joy: Share it!
Yvonne T., of Hello World blog
61. Proof that I wasn’t just dreaming.
Eli P., of Coach Daddy blog