Ever look up, and see that the month has passed you by?
Me? I’m about as far from ending the Month of Self Improvement on a good note as the Colorado Rockies are to meaningful October baseball. I’d so like a do-over.
Y’all did good, though.
Every month, I compile a post called “6 Words.” Ernest Hemingway inspired it when he said any story can be told in a six-word sentence. I ask bloggers, friends, strangers, and a few strange blogger friends to respond to a prompt.
September is Self-Improvement Month. What’s one thing you’d like to upgrade about yourself, in six words?
1. Be patient! You will get there.
Sandra, of A Momma’s View blog
2. Remember patience, gratitude, joy and magic.
Brenda H., of Friendly Fairy Tales blog
3. SRtop wasting time, finish that novel.
Nicola Y., of Nikki Young Writes blog
4. So many things, can’t choose one.
5. Remember to take time to breath.
Tiffany M., of Sounds Like Life to Me blog
6. Be comfortable in my own skin.
Debbie T., of Heartbeats~ Soul Stains blog
7. Practice being impeccable with my word.
Britt S., of Britt Skrabanek blog
8. I need to start with heart.
Tamara B., of Tamara (Like Camera) blog
9. Dad bod out, killers abs in.
Eric W., of All in a Dad’s Work blog
10. Losing pounds while still enjoying pizza!!!
Tamara G., of The Three Gerbers blog
11. A sense of direction…forever wandering.
12. Flatter stomach and less flat chest.
Jennifer L., of That’s a Jenn Story blog
13. Improve my workout regime to daily!
Alyson, of The Shitastrophy blog
14. Hibernation. I will simply skip winter.
Jess W., of Jess Witkins’s Happiness Project blog
15. Learning patience while having fun, too.
Robin C., of Witless Dating After 50 blog
16. Laugh everyday – it’s good for you.
Ashley M., of Post-Grad Jitters blog
17. More patience and tolerance, less cookies.
Melissa S., of Home on Deranged blog
18. Live as if tomorrow doesn’t exist.
Megan W., of The Walker Fireside Chats blog
19. More happiness, more health, more wealth.
Kelly W., of The Centcible Life blog
20. Wish I could volunteer more often.
Becca H., of It’s Yummi blog
21. Chocolate, ice cream, Cookies. NO!! exercise.
Rebecca B., of Everyday Life blog
22. My upgrade: More Jesus; less Paige.
Paige H., of Tales From the Laundry Room blog
23. Less unworthy worry, more sincere engagement.
Kelly M., of Just Typikel blog
24. Stop speaking negative words over myself.
Lyn C., of The Call of the Pen blog
25. Happy people take risks. Maybe me?
Kathy G., of Kissing the Frog blog
26. Stress less and have more fun!
Lori C., of A Day in the Life of Patooie blog
27. Develop a better sense of direction!
Susan F., of The most — of Every Moment blog
28. Live more intentionally, not by default.
Hallie S., of Hallie Sawyer blog
29. Sleep! No blogging late at night.
MaryAnne, of Mama Smiles blog
30. Pull on jeans without breaking sweat.
Meredith S., of The Mom of the Year blog
31. Not flat, just smaller stomach, please.
Sarah N., of The Momisodes blog
32. Time to tighten those bingo wings!
Mary W., of Outmanned Mommy blog
33. Smile more. Laugh more. Just be!
Ashley T., of The Confessions of a Working Mum blog
34. Time to downsize my dress size.
Cassandra, of The Next Delusion blog
35. Less belly, less telly, more Shelley.
Momus, of The Next Delusion blog
36. Learn to say NO to Nutella.
Marcia D., of Menopausal Mother blog
37. Try not. Do or do not.
Les B., of Ink Interrupted blog
38. My catchphrase from wicked awesome to…
Kerri A., of Undiagnosed and Still Okay blog
39. Fully trust my head and heart.
Rachael B., of Three Boys and a Mom blog
40. Confidence to be myself without apology.
Laurel R., of Alphabet Salad blog
41. Go to bed earlier, rise later.
Deb, of Deb Runs blog
42. To find more faith in myself.
Tammie B., of The Graying Chronicles blog
43. Regain the focus I once had.
Stephanie L., of Kickass Problem Solver blog
43. Even adventuring expats are human, vulnerable.
Britta B., of It’s a Britta Bottle! blog
44. Replace anger with love, compassion, humour.
Ann, of Grubbs and Critters blog
45. “ENGAGE MEMORY” switch for my brain.
Mo, of Mocadeaux blog
46. Accept what will be; no worries.
Janna T., of Janna T. Writes blog
47. Better hair that doesn’t puff out.
Amber M., of Airing My Dirty Laundry blog
48. Fastest zombie 5K time: Not eaten!
Kim, of Protean Mom blog
49. Patience and grace with my family.
Jennifer K., of Jenn Kehl blog
50. Patience for big and small things.
Janine H., of Confessions of a Mommyaholic blog
51. Learn something new and take risks.
Dana H., of Kiss My List blog
52. Anxiety about things I can’t control.
Sara L., of Sara Letourneau’s Official Website & Blog
53. To be a better Human Being.
Laurie S., of The Adventures of Writing blog
54. Find the joy in the rush.
Christine C., of The Mom Cafe blog
55. More time doing what I love.
Julia T., of Diary of a Word Nerd blog
56. Love myself more, inside and out.
Tania, of Tania 2 a Tee blog
57. Less guilt and shame. More love.
Ann K., of The Year(s) of Living Non-Judgmentally blog
58. My metabolism needs a turbo boost.
Andrea M., of About 100% blog
59. Take better care of my health.
Ellen, of 15 and Meowing blog
60. I’d upgrade my voice and SING!!
Lisa W., of The Golden Spoons blog
61. To experience life through others’ eyes.
Cathy J., of Just My Thoughts … and a Cup of Tea blog
62. Dominion, Time, Learn, Write, Grow, Flourish!!
Vicki R., of Horses Dirt and Motherhood blog
63. I can pick only one thing?
Lisa L., of The Meaning of Me blog
64. Fewer affairs with Henry (O Henry)!
Jenn S., of Jenn’s Midlife Crisis blog
65. Forget the body, fuel the brain.
Lisa B., of Black Panty Salvation blog
66. Remember that my mess won’t endure.
Eli P., of Coach Daddy blog