Not long ago, I had some cash in my wallet.
I even moved the Jack In The Box receipts out of it to accommodate it. Money! Like, bills. Not just singles! I felt like buying a 40, now that I knew what one was. I wanted to fan out the bills so you could see some of the 20s and post that effer to Facebook.
I don’t handle good fortune with even an iota of aplomb.
This fact made it difficult – but not impossible – to participate myself in 6 words. Every month, I compile a post called “6 Words.” Ernest Hemingway inspired it when he said any story can be told in a six-word sentence.
I ask bloggers, friends, strangers, and a few strange blogger friends to respond to a prompt, in six words. (If you’re on the mailing list but didn’t get the notice, I’m still working on it!)
April 23-30 is Money Smart Week. Tell about something not so smart you’ve spent money on. As in, “Carolina Panthers Super Bowl Super Champs! T-shirt” or “32 pecks of pristine garbanzo beans.”
What’s something not-so-smart you’ve spent money on?
1. Selfie stick. I am so ashamed.
Anne K., of Anne Smiles
2. Timeshare: winter escape! Kids – reality check!
Leslie B., of Ink Interrupted
3. Sun In Hair Lightener—orange hair!
Elle, of Elle Sees
4. NINE pairs of Converse. True story.
Meredith S., of The Mom of the Year
5. A white couch for two toddlers.
Tiffany M., of Sounds Like Life to Me
6. Cheap furniture looks good – today only.
Andrea M., of About 100%
7. Backyard strawberry patch … killed by weeds.
Kim, of Protean Mom
8. Mobile roaming minutes during California vacation.
Alison T., of Sparkly Shoes and Sweat Drops
9. Clothes – tags still on years later.
Penelope G., of Penelope’s Oasis
10. Girly bows for my tomboy dog.
Diana T., of Creating Herstory
11. Disney wallpapers for old-school cell phone.
Dulcinea, of Hodgepodge 4 the Soul
12. Guaranteed fast and easy weight loss.
Mo L., of Mocadeaux
13. Bass guitar before even having lessons.
Clare D., of Clare Dugmore Writes
14. Teenager – surfboard. Used once; total wipeout.
Lizzi L., of Considerings
15. Black suede Nine West hooker boots.
Jenn S., of Jenn’s Midlife Crisis
16. Every time I walk into Target.
Crystal T., of Love More Live Blessed
17. cheap movie on amazon in chinese.
beth, of i didn’t have my glasses on …
18. Any expensive souvenir from Six Flags.
Britt S., of Britt Skrabanek
19. Regretful investment in a Nokia phone.
Sally A., of Frantic Fox
20. New mattress. The stuff of nightmares.
Emma, of Me and B Make Tea
21. An ex’s debt, dangit dangit dangit.
August M., of Girl Boner
22. Signed cats up for Pet Harmony.
Bacon T., of Pig Life
23. Front row seats. Eight grade graduation.
Christine W., of A Fly on Our Chicken Coop Wall
24. Lululemon pants had me at hello.
Janine H., of Confessions of a Mommyaholic
25. Ten fundraising gift cards – all expired.
Michelle T., of Lipstick and Laundry
26. Caramel cookie. Left on car roof.
Eli P., of Coach Daddy