We’re in the midst of kindness right now.
For humankind, at least. And at least for a week. You might have seen the hashtag #bk2hk on social media. There’s a specific kindness for each of seven days, from courteous driving to sacrifice of personal wants for others to Forgive Your Foe Friday.
Every month, I compile a post called 6 Words. Ernest Hemingway inspired it when he said any story can be told in a six-word sentence. I ask bloggers, friends, strangers, and a few strange blogger friends to respond to a prompt.
In the midst of Be Kind to Humankind Week. In six words, what’s one act of kindness you’d love the universe to bestow upon you this week?
1. The biggest dose of patience available.
Meghan W., of Phase Three of Life
2.Some sunshine plus peace and quiet.
Nikki Y., of Nikki Young Writes
3. Make her cancer go away. Please.
Meg D., of Dear Crazy Kids
4. Back to school – send coffee. STAT!
Lisa W., of The Golden Spoons
5. Sunny skies for summer’s last hurrah.
Kim S., of Copilot Mom
6. Would love extra hours to sleep!
Tarana K., of Sand in My Toes
7. Happy coworkers, happy customers…pure bliss!
Britta B., of It’s a Britta Bottle!
8. Be the reason someones smiles today.
Tiffany M., of Sounds Like Life to Me
9. No judgement without dialogue: SEE me.
Leslie B., of Time Out for Mom
10. Please, just let them fall asleep.
Meredith S., of The Mom of the Year
11. Please someone pay for my Starbucks.
Rebecca, of Frugalista
12. Reverse time back to summer vacation.
Rosey M., of Mail for Rosey
13. Allow time not to fly by.
Janine H., of Confessions of a Mommyaholic
14. Please teach my newborn to nap.
Katie M., of Pick Any Two
15. Make my husband’s leukemia go away!
Lisa, of Blondie’s BEARista
16. Bring me a kitty to love.
Norine D., of Science of Parenthood
17. More understanding, love, and a nap.
Kim, of Protean Mom
18. Be mindful and faithful in everything.
Debbie T., of Heartbeats ~ Soul Stains
19. Snow day in August=day off!
Jeanette, of Not a Punk Rocker
20. Please, just let me sleep in.
Louise H., of Baby Gates Down
21. I would love to end judgement.
Alyson, of The Shitastrophy
22. Get me out of the red.
Penelope G., of Penelope’s Oasis
23. Take it easy, wait your turn 🙂
Tamara G., of The Three Gerbers
24. Can’t we all just get along?!?!
Rabia L., of The Lieber Family
25. Postive attitute sustains Back-to-School. 😛
Mel B., of World According to Mags
26. Bestow balance as I seek it.
Prudence, of Prudence Debt Free
27. Sibling squabbling would miraculously cease. Hallelujah!
Gina T., of Full of It
28. Room to heal, grow, and love.
Ann K., of The Year(s) of Living Non-Judgmentally
29. each person look out for another.
beth k., of i didn’t have my glasses on …
30. Gain my Officer Commission, pretty please!
Aunie, of Aunie Sauce blog
31. Understanding and doing good for all.
Erik W., of This Kid Reviews Books
32. In THREE words: To be appreciated.
Michele P., of Old Dog New Tits
33. Everyone to adopt a homeless cat.
Ellen, of 15 and Meowing
34. Give me strength to be alone.
35. Bestow upon me kind people daily
Lorraine J., of Be Kind to Humankind
36. Open mind, listening heart, warm arms.
Nicki G., of Red Boots
37. #Dare To Do The Right Thing.
Kevin F., of Who Woulda Thought?
38. Simply stop and smile at people.
Jennifer I., of Another Jennifer
39. Gratitude for living and loving life!
Cristina, of Exhale Joy
40. Put yourself in someone else’s shoes.
Nina G., of Sleeping Should Be Easy
41. Please, let my kids sleep in!
Melissa M., of Wading Through Motherhood
42. Arrive in Boston safe and sound!
Vanessa, of Say Hello to Gorgeous
43. Any kind act, so very appreciated.
44. Be helpful, truthful, gentle, honest, real.
Tania, of Tania 2 a Tee
45. Potty training instant success, thank you.
Colleen P., of Lemonthistle
46. Open mailbox. YES!! Mortgage is paid.
Rebecca B., of Everyday Life
47. Three extra hours of sleep, please.
Dana H., of Kiss My List
48. Smile and hug the negative away.
Sandra, of A Momma’s View
49.Pizza discovered to encourage weight loss.
Mo, of Mocadeaux
50. Take away my friend Kat’s cancer.
Kim T., of Day With K-T
51. Let me sleep, make me cookies.
Tamara B., of Tamara (Like) Camera
52. Let all suffering be worth it.
Tessa, of Nothing Was Said
53. Taking control of my own world.
Rena M., of The Diary of an Alzheimer’s Caregiver
54. An extra week to sleep in.
Teri B., of Snarkfest
55. Unlimited energy that matches my kids.
Megan L., of Meaningful Mommy
56. Someone please feed me free pizza!
Rea A., of Blissful Snapshots
57. Call and say you’re hiring me.
Lisa, of The Meaning of Me
58. A paying job fulfilling Love’s calling.
Jennifer L., of That’s a Jenn Story
59. Deliver me, strength from inside me.
Eli P., of Coach Daddy