We’re in the midst of kindness right now.
For humankind, at least. And at least for a week. You might have seen the hashtag #bk2hk on social media. There’s a specific kindness for each of seven days, from courteous driving to sacrifice of personal wants for others to Forgive Your Foe Friday.
Every month, I compile a post called 6 Words. Ernest Hemingway inspired it when he said any story can be told in a six-word sentence. I ask bloggers, friends, strangers, and a few strange blogger friends to respond to a prompt.
In the midst of Be Kind to Humankind Week. In six words, what’s one act of kindness you’d love the universe to bestow upon you this week?
1. The biggest dose of patience available.
Meghan W., of Phase Three of Life blog
2.Some sunshine plus peace and quiet.
Nikki Y., of Nikki Young Writes blog
3. Make her cancer go away. Please.
Meg D., of Dear Crazy Kids blog
4. Back to school – send coffee. STAT!
Lisa W., of The Golden Spoons blog
5. Sunny skies for summer’s last hurrah.
Kim S., of Copilot Mom blog
6. Would love extra hours to sleep!
Tarana K., of Sand in My Toes blog
7. Happy coworkers, happy customers…pure bliss!
Britta B., of It’s a Britta Bottle! blog
8. Be the reason someones smiles today.
Tiffany M., of Sounds Like Life to Me blog
9. No judgement without dialogue: SEE me.
Leslie B., of Time Out for Mom blog
10. Please, just let them fall asleep.
Meredith S., of The Mom of the Year blog
11. Universe, please send a laundry fairy.
12. Please someone pay for my Starbucks.
Rebecca, of Frugalista blog
13. Reverse time back to summer vacation.
Rosey M., of Mail for Rosey blog
14. Allow time not to fly by.
Janine H., of Confessions of a Mommyaholic blog
15. Please teach my newborn to nap.
Katie M., of Pick Any Two blog
16. Make my husband’s leukemia go away!
Lisa, of Blondie’s BEARista blog
17. Bring me a kitty to love.
Norine D., of Science of Parenthood blog
18. More understanding, love, and a nap.
Kim, of Protean Mom blog
19. Be mindful and faithful in everything.
Debbie T., of Heartbeats ~ Soul Stains blog
20. Snow day in August=day off!
Jeanette, of Not a Punk Rocker blog
21. Please, just let me sleep in.
Louise H., of Baby Gates Down blog
22. I would love to end judgement.
Alyson, of The Shitastrophy blog
23. Get me out of the red.
Penelope G., of Penelope’s Oasis blog
24. Take it easy, wait your turn 🙂
Tamara G., of The Three Gerbers blog
25. Can’t we all just get along?!?!
Rabia L., of The Lieber Family blog
26. Postive attitute sustains Back-to-School. 😛
Mel B., of World According to Mags blog
27. Bestow balance as I seek it.
Prudence, of Prudence Debt Free blog
28. Sibling squabbling would miraculously cease. Hallelujah!
Gina T., of Full of It blog
29. Room to heal, grow, and love.
Ann K., of The Year(s) of Living Non-Judgmentally blog
30. each person look out for another.
beth k., of i didn’t have my glasses on … blog
31. Gain my Officer Commission, pretty please!
Aunie, of Aunie Sauce blog
32. Understanding and doing good for all.
Erik W., of This Kid Reviews Books blog
33. In THREE words: To be appreciated.
Michele P., of Old Dog New Tits blog
34. Everyone to adopt a homeless cat.
Ellen, of 15 and Meowing blog
35. Give me strength to be alone.
36. Bestow upon me kind people daily
Lorraine J., of Be Kind to Humankind blog
37. Open mind, listening heart, warm arms.
Nicki G., of Red Boots blog
38. #Dare To Do The Right Thing.
Kevin F., of Who Woulda Thought? blog
39. Simply stop and smile at people.
Jennifer I., of Another Jennifer blog
40. Gratitude for living and loving life!
Cristina, of Exhale Joy blog
41. Put yourself in someone else’s shoes.
Nina G., of Sleeping Should Be Easy blog
42. Please, let my kids sleep in!
Melissa M., of Wading Through Motherhood blog
43. Arrive in Boston safe and sound!
Vanessa, of Say Hello to Gorgeous blog
44. Any kind act, so very appreciated.
45. Be helpful, truthful, gentle, honest, real.
Tania, of Tania 2 a Tee blog
46. Potty training instant success, thank you.
Colleen P., of Lemonthistle blog
47. Open mailbox. YES!! Mortgage is paid.
Rebecca B., of Everyday Life blog
48. Three extra hours of sleep, please.
Dana H., of Kiss My List blog
49. Smile and hug the negative away.
Sandra, of A Momma’s View blog
50.Pizza discovered to encourage weight loss.
Mo, of Mocadeaux blog
51. Take away my friend Kat’s cancer.
Kim T., of Day With K-T blog
52. Let me sleep, make me cookies.
Tamara B., of Tamara (Like) Camera blog
53. Let all suffering be worth it.
Tessa, of Nothing Was Said blog
54. Taking control of my own world.
Rena M., of The Diary of an Alzheimer’s Caregiver blog
55. An extra week to sleep in.
Teri B., of Snarkfest blog
56. Unlimited energy that matches my kids.
Megan L., of Meaningful Mommy blog
57. Someone please feed me free pizza!
Rea A., of Blissful Snapshots blog
58. Call and say you’re hiring me.
Lisa, of The Meaning of Me blog
59. A paying job fulfilling Love’s calling.
Jennifer L., of That’s a Jenn Story blog
60. Deliver me, strength from inside me.
Eli P., of Coach Daddy blog