I was thisclose.
I had it all mapped out for today. Ferris Bueller-esque. Minus the crumpled sports car and parade-float karaoke. Today, Nov. 30, is Stay Home Because You’re Well Day. Disc golf and a library trip would’ve filled mine. So, too, frozen pizza and Elizabeth Banks.
Elizabeth Banks movies, anyway.
Then I got the email notification, at 8:10 p.m.: A 10:30 a.m. work meeting. Required. Holy hell. Oh well. I can still get in a round of disc golf, toss a Totino’s pizza in the oven, and Liz will wait for me. Right?
I compile a monthly post called 6 Words here on Coach Daddy. Ernest Hemingway inspired it when he said any story can be told in six words. I ask bloggers, friends, strangers, and a few strange blogger friends to respond to a prompt.
November 30 is Stay Home Because You’re Well Day. What would you do with it?
A slice of my tribe said the following:
1. Pajamas, books, Netflix and zero chores.
Tiffany M., of Sounds Like Life to Me
2. Drink my cocktails way before five!
Missy, of Midlife Margaritas
3. Eat, sleep, read and then repeat.
Patricia C., of New Bloggy Cat
4. Bake cupcakes, write books, chat online.
Hilary, of Feeling Beachie
5. Decorate for Christmas, play with daughter.
Cassie P., of Secure Thoughts
6. Same thing I do every day?
Sarah, of Journeys of the Zoo
7. Go kayaking with a humpback whale.
Eric, of All in a Dad’s Work
8. Just sunbathe as long as possible.
Sandra, of A Momma’s View
9. Jammies all day. Nexflix and popcorn.
Mo, of Mocadeaux
10. Snuggle up with my two kiddies.
Lauren B., of Lauren Baldizar
11. Read, DVR catch up, veg out.
Janine H., of Confessions of a Mommyaholic
12. Sleep, eat and read … that’s all!
Ritu B., of But I Smile Anyway
13. Everything off, snuggles and hot chocolate.
Stephanie J., of When Crazy Meets Exhaustion
14. Sofa, snacks, sleep, in that order.
Katy C., of Experienced Bad Mom
15. Sunlight is softer than your couch.
Tessa, of Nothing Was Said
16. pajamas on couch movie carb day.
beth, of i didn’t have my glasses on …
17. Spa, movie, read, nap, enjoy silence.
Beth T., of Beth Teliho
18. Contemplate doing everything; decided to ‘be.’
Lisa, of The Meaning of Me
19. Beatles serenade me in the bath.
Rose, of Are You Thrilled
20. Puppy cuddles and ice cream FTW.
Carlee M., of Carlee McDot
21. Go to coast with Dog Bear.
Lisa, of The Blondie Barista
22. There is never enough time, ever.
Laura M., of Skinny and Single
23. Fire up Scrivener and write, uninterrupted!
Julia T., of Diary of a Word Nerd
24. Get all my Christmas stuff done.
Susan D., of Color Me Writing
25. Cuddle with cats and a book.
Britt S., of Britt Skrabanek
26. Catch up with my online friends.
Tat A., (@TatApostolova)
27. Bask in the glory of nature!
28. Thanksgiving food consumed, time to decorate!
Beth C., of Dialysis Gal
29. Appreciate the quiet, nap and sing!
Shannon A., of Radio Chick
30. Not even get out of bed.
Kristin M., of Four Princesses and the Cheese
31. Christmas prep: Decorate, wrap, bake, sing!
Kristi, of Thankful Me
32. Tuesdays are reconnect with myself day.
Dulcinea R., of Hodgepodge for the Soul
33. Gilmore Girls revival binge-watch, anyone?
Meredith S., of The Mom of the Year
34. With unlimited funds, fish the Caribbean.
Julie B., of Bug Bytes
35. Cleaning for dinner party Saturday. Bummer!
Kathy G., of The Second Half of My Life
36. I can’t stay home when I’m well!
GiGi, of Gigi Eats Celebrities
37. Read until my eyes turn red!
38. Delegate chores, write at the coffeehouse.
Tamara G., of Confessions of a Part-time Working Mom
39. Take away Thai, massage and music.
Miriam, of Out an’ About
40. Thirty minutes meditation, three layers nachos.
Eli P., of Coach Daddy