Who doesn’t love a great adventure?
Sometimes, they’re set in the wilderness, or the big city, or even in a galaxy far, far away. Other times, they happen in the tortilla aisle at the local Aldi. No matter. Adventure can find us anywhere, and they leave behind a great story, at least.
I compile a monthly post called 6 Words. Ernest Hemingway inspired it by his assertion that any story can be told in six words.
I ask bloggers, friends, strangers, and a few strange blogger friends to respond to a prompt. Here’s the prompt for July:
What’s the biggest adventure you’ve ever been on?
Again this month, the question came from one of my favorite sites, Q4KIDZ.com. They post daily questions to share with your kids and get some interesting conversation started. You should definitely check it out.
1. My 20s, Eurail pass across Europe.
Charlotte K., of My Pixie Blog
2. The incredible road trip of motherhood.
Corey W., of Nostalgia Diaries
3. I’m boring, never had an adventure.
Ellen, of 15 and Meowing
4. That time I joined the military.
Ashley C., of Happy Pretty Sweet
5. Hippie van road trip as newlyweds.
Ann M., of McGuffy’s Reader
6. Love and marriage then baby carriage.
Brad C., of Bradley Cowan: A Father’s Journey
7. Excitement. Exhaustion. Happiness. LOVE. Forever. Parenthood.
Debbie M., of Ethel Ruth
8. Falling in love in chemistry class.
Mia, of The Chronicles of Chaos
9. All of life is grand adventure!
Mimi, of Messy Mimi’s Meanderings
10. Marrying a man I met online.
Stephanie C., of Steph the Bookworm
11. Found Hamlet at the Folger Library.
Cricket, of Cricketmuse
12. Traveling through Sardinia for my honeymoon.
Glynis R., of UncleNomics
13. Life itself is the biggest adventure!
Susan, of Color Me Writing
14. Chaos. Kids. Living it. Loving it.
Ann, of Grubbs n Critters
15. Writing retreat and tours in Iceland.
Sara L., of Sara Letourneau’s Official Website & Blog
16. The roller coaster that is Parenthood.
Beth K., of The Beth Next Door
17. lost in hong kong – glasses broken.
Beth K., of I Didn’t Have My Glasses On …
18. Learning to love who I am.
Rachael B., of Three Boys and a Mom
19. Struck by lightning and I lived.
Ted S., of Truth Troubles
20. Harry Potter adventures in London England.
Lauren, of Shooting Stars Mag
21. That time I moved to London!
Kirsty, of Fashion For Lunch
22. Single motherhood while owning three businesses.
Michelle D., of The Complete Savorist
23. Climbing ancient Mayan pyramids in Mexico.
AJ S., of Read All the Things!
24. Life. Each day is a ride.
Sheryl W., of How to Make a Life
25. Getting promoted from dude to dad.
Eli P., of Coach Daddy
26. Private snorkeling tour, many, many sharks!
Lauren S., of Lauren LuLu
# # #