There are all kinds of convergences going on around here.
We’re up to the letter S in the A to Z Challenge. That’s the spot where my six words post will fit in – although it’s a few days earlier than I’d let on to friends (if you have an outstanding invitation, don’t worry – I will add them after this posts!)
For those of you who don’t know about six words …
I compile a monthly post called 6 Words on my blog. Ernest Hemingway inspired it when he said any story can be told in six words. I ask bloggers, friends, strangers, and a few strange blogger friends to respond to a prompt.
We’ve done this for years around here.
I used to pick obscure holidays to center the prompt around. These days, I’m taking questions from a cool site – Q4KIDZ. Sign up there and get a daily question you can ask your kids. Leads to some interesting conversations!
For April, the prompt was:
If you had to buy a gift for yourself that you couldn’t open for 5 years, what would you get?
1. An all-expenses paid Disney Cruise.
Lisa A., of Life of an El Paso Woman
2. A new pair of running shoes.
Teri B., of Snarkfest
3. Private getaway…worth 5 years waiting!
Meredith S., of The Mom of the Year
4. Bottle of port and cheddar cheese.
Pat C., of New Bloggy Cat
5. New phone. I’m always behind anyway.
Tassy G., of Tassy Bakes
6. Financial independence as an accomplished artist.
Renee J., of RASJacobson
7. Buy some perspective. There’s never enough.
Tessa R., of Nothing Was Said
8. Gifts stress me out. So money.
April, of Stories of Our Boys
9. All new telomeres to combat aging.
Rhea M., of Life is Messy, Life is Marvelous
9. Plane tickets to somewhere tropical, fun!
Lisa W., of The Golden Spoons
10. Shiny key to a beach cottage.
Melissa S., of Melissa’s Southern Style Kitchen
11. A letter to remember the past.
Charlotte K., of My Pixie Blog
12. Tickets to Thailand to see elephants.
Jenny, of Peace from Panic
13. Beach house, early retirement sounds nice.
14. Instant gratification is best for me!
Maggie, of The Caramel Files
15. A bottle of nice red wine.
Miriam B., of Out an’ About
16. Buy a house, rent it out.
Karine, of Tropical Colours
17. A book read more than once.
Tiffany M., of Sounds Like Life to Me
18. My California beach house, fully furnished.
Tamara G., of Confessions of a Part-time Working Mom
19. A new journal to write my adventures.
Diana T., of Creating Herstory
20. The truth I can’t face today.
Jack B., of The Jack B.
21. Dream vacation – waiting lets joy build.
22. A Disney World trip without kids.
Susan N., of Into Another World
23. Journal: For my five-year goals.
Lindsay E., of My Creative Days
24. Eggs and milk. Kidding! Books.
Eric, of All in a Dad’s Work
25. Family photo books – done and adorable.
Kim, of Protean Mom
26. Family moments captured printed on paper.
Jaime H., of Jaime Haney
27. Beauty and the Beast worthy library.
Ashley, of Happy, Pretty, Sweet
28. Gingersnaps in bulk, at 2017 prices.
Eli, of Coach Daddy
29. time with my 5-year-old.
30. Nice stuff. Toddlers grow up right?
Jen H., of Jenerally Informed
31. Tickets to travel all over Europe.
Emily F., of The Emi Times
The rest of the A to Z to this point:
A is for Addiction to Devices
C is for Interview with a Cat
D is for Do What I Do and Eat What I Eat
E is for Eight Things I’ve Left Behind
F is for Foods That Bring Me Comfort
H is for Halfway There
I is for Ice Cream
J is for Justification for the Blog Life
K is for 7 Women I’d Sing Karaoke With
M is for Men I Forgot to Be
N is for the New Plan
Q is for Quote Challenge
R is for Blogger Recognition